Chapter 50: Better

Nami couldn't believe the turn of events. She touched her lips in shock after she and Kana separated. On the other hand, Kana smiled at her and grabbed one of her hands.

"I'm sorry if that surprised you, but I've come to a realization now.."

"R-Realization?" Nami averted her gaze. "But I thought you like.... Y/N..."

"I've also thought so.." Kana sighed. "But looking back, it seems as though my feelings towards her were all because of my own projections and fantasies. I wanted to have a normal relationship because of my condition so I projected my longing onto Y/N.."

Kana stared directly at Nami

"All along, I always knew that I felt something special towards you. It's just that I'm a coward and I'm afraid of owning up to my feelings given that we're both f-futas. And so, I try to escape from those feelings and project it onto Y/N instead.."

Kana felt like crying and she lowered down her head.

"I-I'm so sorry Nami.. because of my cowardice, I've hurt you and also dragged Y/N into this mess."

"Sssh. It's alright Kana." Nami gently rubbed her back. "I understand. If I'll be frank, I also had my part to blame in this situation. I should have been more upfront and brave in voicing out my feelings too. Instead of pushing you further to Y/N, I should have been honest that I want you to choose me instead."

She gently wiped Kana's tears away.

"You have always been special to me. Ever since the day I saved you from that annoying guy." She and Kana chuckled at the memory. "And I've always like-no.. I love you, Kana.."

Kana's eyes widened as she met Nami's loving gaze. After a while, she smiled in happiness and hugged the latter.

"I also love you, Nami... And thank you for always looking after me.."

Nami smiled genuinely at this and she placed a kiss on the girl's forehead.

_____________________________________

"Oh....."

"Um.. Are you getting something?" Y/N awkwardly said as she scratched her cheek. It was already past midnight and she felt the need to grab some water. On her way, she unexpectedly encountered Nami on the kitchen.

"Yeah.." Nami coughed. "I was just planning to grab some snacks."

"Oh- Okay.. Well I- " Y/N felt the need to leave quickly. "I'll be going ahead."

Before she could take a step, Nami voiced out.

"Is it alright if I talk to you real quick?"

Y/N opened her mouth to protest. But since she didn't want the situation to be more awkward, she just agreed to the request.

The two eventually reached the veranda where the cool breeze made them shiver. Both of them were just looking at the night view and contemplated on what to say. After a while, it was Nami who decided to speak up first.

"Kana and I already talked..."

"And how did it go?" Y/N cautiously asked.

"Good.. Better than I expected.."

" I see.." Y/N cleared her throat. "I'm glad it went well..."

Both girls were still looking at the view ahead of them and didn't glance at each other.

"We both came to terms with how we really feel.."  A small smile broke into Nami's lips. "And I finally managed to properly convey my feelings.."

Y/N was a bit surprised at this. Nevertheless, she felt happy for Nami.

"That's great. I'm happy for you, Nami.."

Nami turned to face Y/N. She then heaved a sigh.

"Yeah. And I'm sorry for the mess, Y/N. For dragging you into our misunderstanding and for all the times where you have to put up with Kana.."

"Well.. It's not like I had the choice to avoid that." Y/N awkwardly chuckled, remembering the times where Nami was so bossy.

"Yeah. I admit I acted brashly during those moments.."

"And hot-headed." Y/N added.

"Yep.." Nami looked-down.

"And really insisting.."

" I won't argue with that." Nami sighed faintly.

"And bitchy."

"Yeah that was- HEY!" Nami gritted her teeth while Y/N raised her hands defensively.

"But it's true though!"

"Just because I am apologizing doesn't mean you have to push your luck." Nami scoffed. "What was that?"

Y/N was mumbling some words which Nami didn't catch. She just plastered a fake smile and said nothing.

"Tsk. If you have something to say then say it!" Nami rolled her eyes.

"Yeah yeah. That was nothing.."

They bickered for some time but eventually calmed down.

"So you and Kana are really okay now?" Y/N clarified for the last time.

"Yep. Better than ever."

- End of Chapter -