Chapter 31: The Deal

Y/N and Nami returned late at their home. By the time they arrived, Aki was already asleep in her room.

"So Y/N..." Nami started a conversation before Y/N could retire to her room

"Yeah?"

"What happened between you and Kana?"

"Nothing?" Y/N furrowed her brows. "She just said that she wanted to give me her gratitude for helping."

Nami gaped in disbelief. She gave a quick glance at Aki's room before stomping towards Y/N.

"You are really an idiot!" Nami whisper-yelled with a glare. "Something should have happened between the two of you!"

"Just stop it, Nami. Why would something happen? It's not like I have feelings for Sumiya-san and vice versa."

"Kana likes you, stupid." Nami rolled her eyes. "Isn't that obvious?"

"Well I don't have feelings for Sumiya-san so just drop it." Y/N stared at Nami. "Why do you keep pushing me towards her, anyway?"

Nami diverted her gaze and Y/N continued.

"Besides, you never answered my question last time... Nami..."

Nami turned away from Y/N and chuckled lifelessly

"Does it matter? That's not the focus right now."

"If you say so." Y/N looked concerned for a moment. "But I don't want you to keep setting us up, Nami."

Y/N walked past Nami after she stayed silent

"Good night."

"Wait." Nami caught Y/N's arm and stopped her from leaving. Y/N went silent as she waited for Nami to speak

"Y/N.. I know that you don't feel anything for Kana.. I know that but still..."

Nami released a sigh and looked down

"Can you spend more time with her? Like hang out with her if you have the chance."

" I can do that since we are friends, too." Y/N pondered. "As long as there isn't any weird feelings involved."

"And you have to be more accepting of her advances too." spoke Nami in a firm tone.

"But Nami-

"Please."  Y/N made eye contact with Nami. "For a little longer.. even if you don't feel anything for her."

Y/N removed Nami's hold and diverted her gaze. Silence enveloped them for a few seconds until Y/N spoke

"You really care for Sumiya-san, don't you?"

"I'm her bestfriend.." Nami trailed off. "I only want her to be happy."

"You can make her happy without dragging me into this."

"Y/N." Nami glared at the girl. "Just do what I said, idiot."

Y/N narrowed her eyes and sighed.

"Fine. But if you're going to make me do this, then I'm going to have to ask something of you."

"What are you-

"It's not fair that you're the only one who keeps on demanding things."

Nami released a small scowl but agreed

"Whatever. What do you want, huh?"

"Tell Sumiya-san your feelings."

Nami flinched lightly and turned away from Y/N

"Tell her? Tell her what?"

"Whatever you wanted to say. You're the one who knew what your feelings might be."

"I'm not telling her anything since there are none." replied Nami indignantly

"Then consider this deal off. I'm not doing what you said, Nami."

"Y/N!" Y/N stopped in her tracks at Nami's irritated shout

"I'll think about it." Nami said with a conflicted expression. "So just do what I wanted you to do."

Y/N stared at Nami with slight concern.

"Okay. But I hope you agree to what I said. It would be unfair to all of us if you don't, Nami..."

Y/N greeted a 'goodnight' before she finally resigned to her room. Nami was left standing in the living room as she pondered on Y/N's words

- End of Chapter -