Chapter 52: Date Fails

Saturday morning. The Aoi family is currently lazing around while doing their own thing. The mother also had a day off and was flipping through a newspaper while having her coffee.

"Hmm..."

Aki was seated on the chair opposite her mother. She was silently staring at her siblings who seemed to be in their own world.

Y/N and Nami were on the couch. The former was watching the tv while Nami was laying down. She was using Y/N's lap as her pillow while scrolling through her cellphone.

Aki wondered on why they were getting along because the last time she checked, the two were having a quarrel.

Nami noticed Aki's stare and raised a questioning glance at her.

"Since when did you and Y/N got that close to each other...?"

"So what?" Nami shrugged. "It's not a crime for siblings to have a close relationship, right?"

"Um.. That's true but you and Y/N aren't that close.."

Y/N just sheepishly chuckled while Nami deadpanned.

"If you must know, Y/N doesn't just belong to you, Aki-nee.."

"..........................."

Aki blinked at the response and this also caught the mother's attention. The woman raised the newspaper she was holding and silently snickered.

Aki pouted and looked away.

"That's mean, Nami.."

She glanced on Y/N's direction for the last time and felt a bit sad.

"I'm bored. I'll be going out for a bit."

Y/N observed her retreating figure. She can't help but wonder on why Aki held a defeated look. Nevertheless, she shrugged the thought away.

*(Beep!)*

She felt her phone buzz and she hastily picked it up.

"Meet me at the convenience store later. Wear something casual :) 

"Aki-nee.." Y/N furrowed her brows as she read the text. So Aki wanted to hang-out? With that thought, she excused herself from Nami and proceeded to change.
_____________________________________

"Y/N. I'm glad you came." Aki smiled at Y/N and motioned for her to sit down.

"You look good."

"T-Thank you, Aki-nee." Y/N shyly said.

"Thanks for heeding my invite. I was worried that you'll turn down my offer." pouted Aki.

"Not at all, Aki-nee." Y/N waved her hands. "I had nothing to do anyways so it's good if we hang out."

"I'm glad." Aki smiled. "Moving forward, the reason for the invitation is because I wanted to ask you out on a date."

"Date?!" Y/N's eyes widened. "You mean, we're going out on a date?"

"Hai.." Aki smiled sweetly. "So throughout this day, I want you to call me Aki."

"What?!" Y/N was surprised for the second time. "B-But Aki-nee.."

"Please.." Aki pouted. "Call me Aki. I want us to really feel the date as if we're lovers and not siblings."

"I understand b-but it's still awkward."

Y/N slightly flinched when Aki touched her hand.

"But we've done things lovers already did though.." Y/N noticed the sensual tone and this made her gulp.