Chapter 48: Blank

Thick tension surrounds the dining space. Aki looked back and forth on her siblings and grew uneasy on the silence.

"Um.. So let's eat?"

Y/N and Nami wordlessly picked up their utensils and started eating. Aki continued to observe them while also eating from her own plate.

"Did they fight again?" thought Aki as she noticed Nami's blank look. When the silence persisted, Aki sighed faintly and looked sternly at the two.

"Whatever you two are going through, I hope you will come to an understanding."

Nami only managed to give a side glance while Y/N didn't bother responding.

"I'm done. I'll just wash the dishes later, Aki-nee."

Y/N stood up and avoided looking at Nami. The latter also did her best to avoid eye contact while maintaining a poker face.

Aki, on the other hand, can only look back at Y/N in worry. After Y/N left, she stared at Nami and shook her head in disappointment.

" What did you do this time, Nami?"

________________________________________

"Nami, can we talk?"

Kana called out once she noticed the girl's arrival. She purposely went to school early so she can wait for Nami at the school gates. However, her efforts seemed useless especially when Nami didn't even look at her.

"Did she just...." Kana's eyes widened when the girl went past her. With a frustrated sigh, she called out in a louder voice.

"NAMI!"

This time, Nami stopped but she still didn't face Kana.

"What?"

Kana stared at her with mixed emotions and shook her head.

"I refuse to believe it..

"..........................."

Nami's silence only added to Kana's frustration.

"I refuse to believe that you have that kind of relationship with Y/N-chan!"

"And so?" Nami responded which made Kana flinch. "I don't care whether you believe it or not."

Nami walked out and Kana clenched her fist at this. She followed the girl towards their classroom and continued voicing out her thoughts.

"Please stop with the joke." She managed to grab Nami's hand. "It isn't funny."

"Joke?" Nami yanked her hand away. "Even if you think that way, our relationship is true."

Kana gritted her teeth and looked at Kana with teary eyes.

"Why are you doing this? You should just leave Y/N-chan and I alone!"

"Why? Are you afraid that she'll choose me and not you?" replied Nami in a mocking tone.

"I hate you Nami!"

Nami averted her gaze and turned away from the girl.

"If you don't want Y/N to get taken away from you, then stop acting like a coward."

Nami went back to her seat and didn't mind Kana any longer. The latter stared at Nami in anger and retreated once the school bell rang.

-- ( After Classes) ----

Y/N was about to return a broom when she noticed Nami on the hallway. The girl had a distant look and seemed to be waiting for her presence.

"Nami? What are you doing here.....?"

Nami stared at Y/N for a few seconds. She then turned away and motioned for the girl to follow.

"Let's talk.."

Y/N looked skeptical but she still followed Nami. They eventually reached a storage room and she was shocked when Nami pushed her towards a futon.

"Wha- Nami!"

Nami hovered on top of Y/N and looked at her with blank eyes.

"What are you up to, Nami?!" Y/N protested but Nami only held her down. The latter grabbed Y/N's hand and placed it on her chest.

"That's it!" Y/N had enough of Nami's antics and was about to kick her when the door suddenly opened.

Outside stood a shocked Kana who immediately saw their intimate position.

"T-This...." She covered her mouth while Nami chuckled lifelessly.

"So.. can you still not believe after seeing all of this?"

Nami smirked.

"Do you understand now, Kanna? I have this type of relationship with Y/N! It's because you're such a wimp that I got to her first!"

"NOO!" Kana shook her head and averted her gaze.

"Why are you taking your eyes off us, Kana?" Nami laughed. "You were giving us a death stare just a moment ago.."

"Unacceptable.." Kana uttered and looked down. She clenched her fists despite trembling from her position.

"Who cares. What are you gonna do anyway? You can't do shit."

"I won't accept this!"

*(SMACK!)*

Nami didn't have time to react when Kana punched her straight in the face. The impact made her lose her balance and fall off from Y/N.

"The hell.." Nami clutched her swollen cheek. She didn't expect Kana could punch. Nevertheless, she was irritated at the action.

"What did you do that for?!"

"Stay away from Y/N-chan!" Kana gritted and held Y/N's head towards her chest. "I'll never hand her over to you!"

"Oh really?"

Kana looked down on Y/N who was too stunned to respond.

"You like me, right Y/N?"

"Tsk. Stop being delusional, Kana." Nami uttered. "You're just forcing your way onto her."

"I'm not the same as before." Kana said with resolve. "I'll never back down after coming this far!"

"Ha.." Nami was bit taken aback. "Interesting.. Well then, let's see where your resolve will take you!"

- End of Chapter -