Eclipse

Welp, this isn't a typical chapter as u can see. I well, just wasn't feeling it so I wrote this instead :( but I hope y'all can still enjoy it tho-!

<<--------------------------------------->>

The moon, almost everyone knew what it was, what it looked like, and how beautiful it can be. Sometimes it would be shrouded inside the clouds, but that didn't stop it from shining through them. It was always there, in the sky. No matter what kind of weather or day, it was always right there, giving you comfort. Nothing could hide the presence of the moon.

The stories and description fascinated her, just from the words, she knew it was a remarkable sight. The white shin glowing within the night sky, the stars were nothing besides it. It was the main character in the sky, it was in the spotlight, and it had everyone's attention.

He had told her almost a million times, how breathtaking it was. But it never had bored her, not even once. After all, she was the one pleading for a second time. He would never reject her request, he didn't have the heart to. She was everything to him.

They both had things that would never bore them. Things that held a special place in their heart.

One was the moon, without a doubt. The other, was the expression that would appear every time the moon was mention. It melted him every single time.

It was her smile.

_____________________________

It was another quiet night. As always, they sat down together. The wind running through her hair as she hummed a light tune. He enjoyed it silently, hoping it would last longer.

"Can you see the moon today?" Her soft voice broke the peaceful silence.

"Mhm, it's beautiful." He gazed up the sky, it wasn't hard to find the striking moon.

She turned to him, "Really? How does it look?" she sounded excited, just as always. The moon never failed to amuse her.

His chuckle was short as he described the moon in detail. She listened in, almost as if it was her first time hearing it. He closed his eyes, he had looked at the moon multiples times, to the point that it was already encrypted in his mind.

He averted his gaze, the moon wasn't anything special. To him, it was just a glowing sphere in the air. He continued his description, making it as long as possible. A hand reached out, he wanted that smile to last longer.

It was so much beautiful than the moon.

_________________

"Have you heard about a lunar eclipse? Miss Hazel told me about it today!"

"A lunar eclipse huh..."

She smiled in delight, "That's right, it sounded like it would be such a beautiful scene!" She was ecstatic to learn more about the moon.

He sighed, "You really love the moon, don't you?" shaking his head at her excitement.

"Of course-!"

_______________________

The moon was always on her mind, he was almost jealous of it. That expression when she talked about it, she wanted every ounce of information about it. He sometimes wished that she could sense the jealousy seeping out of him, then maybe she would stop. But would she? Just for the sake of him? He wondered.

"I heard the moon tonight is especially bright!"

She loved the moon so much. It was as if the moon would go away one day.

"Whoa- that sounds so pretty...you're getting awfully good at describing it."

But that wasn't the case, the moon was always there. Nothing could hide its presence.

"I wish I could see them myself."

Except for her eyes.

"Thea..." he wanted to hug her, but resisted the desire to.

She laughed it off, "I know, but your descriptions are so detailed though, I could almost imagine it." She smiled.

'Almost', that word stabbed him in the heart. It told him that his description wasn't perfect enough, he needed to practice more. Until it was flawless, until it was nothing but perfection.

Until she could see the moon without her eyes.

___________________

"Hey...don't you think tonight's colder than usual?"

His hand didn't hesitate to hold onto hers, "Here, does it feel better?" He wanted to give her all the warmth he had.

Her laugh sounded like music to his ears, "It does, your hands feel big and warm...like a teddy bear."

"Do you think the moon is warm?"

"....it will be."

____________________

This time it was a rainy night, the crisp sound as they clashed against his umbrella. It was a soothing sound, and sometimes, a melancholy sound.

His footsteps were loud and clear, they disturbed the tranquil puddle on the grassland. He eventually sat down, leaning back. His back could feel the rocky texture behind him.

He couldn't help but look up at the dark sky. He chuckled, of course, the moon was evident even in the rain. He finally opened his lips.

"I won the best novel of 20xx, guess my description skills didn't come to waste...thanks to you." The umbrella was beside him, the rain drenching him.

"Really? That's good news, isn't it?" her soft voice echoed through the rain.

He plopped the trophy down, "This is for you, you deserved it more than me." The rain was getting heavier, it came pouring down without mercy. But that was the least he could care right now.

"I..." the words was stuck inside his throat, he couldn't utter the sentence out loud.

"The moon..." his arm covered his eyes, he didn't want to see the moon. He closed his eyes, recalling how he had described it all those years. The image slowly formed in front of him.

Is this how she would have seen it too? He pondered. Did he do a good job of making the moon into reality for her? Was that enough for her?

"You did a great job, Alex...it's perfect..."

He muttered a sentence he wished he could muster the courage to say sooner. The rain tasted salty, it drenched everything, the trophy, the ground, as well as a stone tablet.

.

.

.

Here lies Althea White

"...the moon is beautiful, isn't it...?"

<<--------------------------------------->>

Pls excuse the random ass names KDNSKAJ <3