Chapter 72 // Unforgettable //

...

~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○

You almost forgot how different the streets looked while immersed in the moon's gleam, with lights illuminating out from the various shops and stores, the town was a total contrast to when it bathed in sunlight. It had indeed been quite a while since you were out enjoying a good hangout with Yukina, without Sakura as usual because of course she couldn't join with her pile of assignments draining her body and soul. When will her misery end?

Pulling out your phone, you took a quick selfie with Yukina, sticking your tongue out playfully while Yukina gave a polite smile to the camera, bless her. Sending the image to Sakura, you could already predict the text of jealousy she would spam through her phone without needing the usage of your quirk. Not needing to await a reply, you tucked it back into your pocket, listening to Yukina talking about her eventful day. 

"And different bloodstain patterns indicate different forces used by the perpetrator, so you can somewhat guess how a crime is committed by analysing these patterns."

"I sure hope no one is listening in to our conversation right now."

"Why? It's useful information!"

You let out a hearty laugh, Yukina's obliviousness was always a sight to behold. It was entertaining to watch her response to any given situation at hand, "Of course, of course. Who am I to question the one and only queen of crime scene investigation." no one could blame you, really, she was just so teasable.

The bustling crowd of people diminished as the night grew old, you walked beside Yukina, enjoying the peaceful moment where you can just forget the reality and expectations that lay intimidatingly in front of you. "You said you wanted to chat about something?", cars vroomed past you, leaving only the smell of grey puffs of smoke lingering in your nose. You steered slightly away from the road, was it just you or were the cars just zooming way too fast? You reckoned you were just too paranoid, every little thing was making you on guard after all.

Yukina hummed, twiddling her fingers. "Yeah, I'll tell you later. I figured we hadn't hangout in some time. So...I wanted to spend some time together, maybe next time even with Hi-chan too, if only she wasn't so busy all the time..." She looked a bit disappointed at Sakura's absence, it made you melt a lil.

You gave Yukina an encouraging smile, "Hey, I'm sure Sakura would eventually finish her mountain of assignments. Plus, we have plenty of time on our hands, don't worry so much, Yuki." assuring her with a small pat. She worries too much sometimes, though you can't say much since you're guilty of the same habit as well.

With a slight nod, Yukina gazed at the night sky, then it darted towards you. "That's true. But you do look a bit tired, (y/n). Has the training been rough these days? Or is it something else that's bothering you?" she asked, her eyes scanning you in one go. Her detective mode had been activated and god knows how many questions would be bombarded your way, it was a side of Yukina while rarely seen, feared by many, including you.

You looked away unwittingly, "Eh...? Well, the provisional exam is only less than two weeks away. I gotta work hard to get that license, y'know." You scratched the back of your head with an awkward laugh, knowing that it was possibly the lamest excuse you have ever uttered.

"You can't fool me, (y/n). Something's on your mind, isn't it?" She asked, once again. Her eyes were never the more alert at your every micro expression. But it slowly died down with a sigh, "You always keep everything to yourself, it won't hurt a little to confide your worries or burdens to me." She smiled.

"You trust me, right?"

"Of course I do, Yuki. It's just..."

Words were caught stuck in your throat, the last time you were this lost with words was during a presentation. "I- I...I don't wanna worry you, I want our time spent together joyous with laughter, not gloomy with the moment spoiled. We wasted so much time apart, so...I want to cherish every minute, every second with you, with Sakura, with all of us." It was hard to spill what was kept inside laying dormant for months, but it also gave a hint of relief the moment you gave it all away.