♧Chapter 42♧ // An Invitation //

More among us cuz why not-?

Also we bout to hit 30k reads, what the fuck-? ...I'm speechless, like- how?

~○~○~○~○~○~○~○

"You finally found her dad? That took you a long time, it's almost night

"You finally found her dad? That took you a long time, it's almost night." Rin said on the phone.

"Ah, sorry...we waited for a while at the police station." You replied, telling a lie without even stuttering.

You didn't notice how much time had gone by. After listening to Kazumi's story, you played with Aika for a while, letting him have time to vent his feelings out. He went through a lot, but he managed to carry it all by himself to this day, you admired that part of him. 

"It's fine, we're almost done with the patrol. Nothing really happened." he stated, telling you where they were.

You hummed, "Well that's good news isn't it?" making your way to the location he mentioned.

"Yeah, but still, I was hoping for some action." you could hear the disappointment in his voice. He looked like he was really looking forward to fight some villains.

You chuckled, "You'll get it sooner or later, we still have a few days left." Not gonna lie, you were also hoping for some action too. A week without any fighting sounds too boring for you, but of course you didn't mind that too. No violence happening was also all good.

"I hope so." he sighed.

"Hey, is Edgeshot with you right now?" you suddenly asked, slightly raising your voice.

"Yeah, he's right beside me." sounding a bit confused.

"He is-? Good."

"Why'd you ask-?"

You laughed it off, "Nothing, just wanted to make a point." you were almost at the location they were at.

"Okay...? Oh I see you, over here!" Rin exclaimed, you slightly tipped your toes, waving as you saw Rin in the distance waving back.

Whew- I'm safe

You walked towards them, abruptly halting your movements as a knife inched to your neck. You tried to peek behind the person threatening you.

The hell-? I thought I made a point to not fucking come at me, dumbass-

"Put your hands up." the voice commanded, you slowly put them up. Rin rushed towards you as they saw what was happening.

"Don't move!" he shouted, the knife inching closer as he tried to warn them to back off.

They immediately stopped, you stared at them. Edgeshot looked surprisingly calm, he was crossing his arms, not fazed by the situation. He must have dealt with this kind of thing on a daily basis. So why isn't he doing anything?