♧Chapter 36♧ // Umbrella under the Rain //

I don't know what to say here so enjoy this cute gif-

~○~○~○~○~○~○

"Soo...what am I here for?"

You stood in front of the pro hero, inside the teacher's office. Aizawa was there doing his work, stacks of paper everywhere and A LOT of coffee.

I'm not in trouble right...?

You gulped as Aizawa turned his chair around, facing you. You figured out that it wasn't anything serious since you were quite a good student, well except sleeping in class, but he wouldn't call you just for that right?

I mean he sleeps in the classroom too-

"You haven't turned in your application yet." He stated, pointing at the stack of papers beside him.

"Ah well..." you looked away, "I haven't made up my mind yet." You replied sheepishly. You were going to send in your application by tomorrow, you were still a bit hesitant to choose who you're interning with.

"I have some good news then, you just received an offer from a pro hero."

"Eh-? An offer that late?" you said, confused.

Why a sudden offer...?

He nodded, "Correct, and the person who requested the offer is the pro hero Edgeshot."

You blinked, "...W-what-?" processing what the teacher had said.

"You mean THE Edgeshot, as in the Number 5 pro hero-?" you stared at him, dumbfounded.

S-seriously-? Why would he...

He hummed, "He rarely takes on any interns, but this year he decided to take in two students from the hero course, it's a once in a lifetime chance."

You nodded, panicking internally. You weren't expecting the number 5 hero to offer you an internship, the pro hero's an expert in close combat. The hero you previously had in mind when you thought of the term 'close combat'.

You clenched your hand, lowering your head.

But what made him choose me-? I don't have a flashy quirk like Bakugou...and without them knowing my quirk, I basically look quirkless-

"Look kid."

"I know what you're thinking, so stop it."

You stared at Aizawa, looking at him for a brief moment before turning away.

"He chose you for a reason, he saw your potential. So stop it with that face and have more confidence in yourself." giving you a soft smack on the side before handing you a piece of paper.

You gave a light nod, taking the paper as you gazed at it.

Confidence huh...

_____________