Chapter 69 // New Discoveries //

not me writing this in the middle of an online class-

~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○

"Remind me why I'm here again?" 

"Rude-! I worked hard for this." 

You entered the classroom, with a few students waving at you. You've been a familiar student to come here from time to time, and it was all thanks to this one friend.

"Y'know, you've been awfully focused on my stuff. Don't you have projects to do?" You questioned the boy, seeing the students around you not having any spare time on their hands.

"He's already finished them in one go, even sensei was surprised." A student replied, passing by you. You stared at his proud grin at the student's remark.

You sighed, "You're really a genius, aren't you, Akira?" 

He laughed, "Ofc I am, well, we do have another genius other than me over there." he glanced at Mei Hatsume.

"I heard rumors about her." you hummed, returning your gaze back at the big case he gave you during your rescue mission. "So, I haven't got the chance to test them all yet. But..." you picked up one of the magazines in the case.

"Don't you think this is a bit too much?"

Akira gasped, "Too much? Really? I know that that one produces smoke, and this hidden blade that can be attached to your shoes, that's pretty cool. Oh, and this gun that can be turned into a sniper rifle? I figured that a cube would be weird and inconvenient so I-

"Yes, I know, you've explained it to me already." You sweatdropped, before this you were in a hurry so you didn't question the many weird things he had made. Most of them were just too ridiculous for your taste, but there were some that you found quite useful. One even managed to catch your eye.

"Oh yeah, about this one." you grabbed a small case, inside was what looks like a pair of glasses, but you knew that there was something more to it. "I take it that this isn't your everyday glasses?"

Akira perked up upon seeing the glasses, "I'm glad you asked! This is one of my greatest inventions yet." he pointed at himself with a confident tone. "Ahem, anyhow, I think you should try it on first, it'll make it easier for the both of us."

Putting it on, you looked around the classroom in awe. "This is..." you were speechless as the scene unfolded in front of your eyes.

"Mhm, you guessed it right. It creates these images that I'm sure look familiar to you."

"Just...how...?"

Seriously, Akira. How the fuck do you make these kinds of stuff?

The boy sat down, "From what we know, these predictions you see are like images. Just like how your eyes work, but the difference is you can't actually 'see' these predictions. So instead of turning light into these electrical signals to your brain, your quirk works more like an enhanced version of a reflex action.