♧Chapter 33♧ // Day off //

A rest day for reader-chan-! She has suffered too much

~○~○~○~○~○~○

You lied (or is it laid? I'm confused-) on top of your bed, staring at the blank ceiling. It was almost midnight, and you still couldn't sleep for some reason. You thought you would've collapsed and blackout as soon as you touched the bedsheet.

Your gaze roamed around, eventually landing on the box you put your bronze medal. You didn't feel like hanging it up nor putting it anywhere visible to you. Honestly, you didn't think you deserved the medal.

I need more training, but I guess I should at least feel a little bit proud

Well, your dad was really proud, like too proud. He even broke character and started yelling, announcing to the whole damn neighborhood that her daughter got third place.

They were probably traumatized by how he acted, considering he was cold and scary when he wasn't in the household.

Bless those poor souls-

Rolling around your bed, you were getting frustrated as sleep had just left the chat. You got up, turning on the lights as you figured that you weren't sleeping anytime soon.

You flinched, your eyes not used by the sudden brightness. Going back to your den, you plopped down and adjust yourself into a comfortable position.

Sitting down cross-legged, you decided it was time for some meditation, it was nice and quiet with no disturbance whatsoever, the perfect time to build up your mental strength.

Regulating your breathing, you cleared up your mind, whole body relaxing as you closed your eyes.

.
.
.

Brr-

Goddammit-

Goddammit-

You glared at the vibrating phone, you were starting to get into it too. You sighed, wondering who the hell called you at 2 am.

~~~~~~
"(y/n)! Congrats on getting third place! I saw your match, you were so awesome."
~~~~~~

"Thanks, but at 2am? Really-?"

You sighed as Sakura chuckled on the other side.

"Well, I didn't have the time to call you because of all the school work, and I knew you were gonna be awake anyway." She explained herself.

"Touché. So you called just to congratulate me?"

"Yeah, and I wanted to celebrate! I'm free tomorrow afternoon, how 'bout you?"

"Yea, I'm free. Where we goin-?"

"It's a surprise~"

"Of course it's a surprise-"

"Hey-! Can't you sound more excited?"

"I am."

"Sarcastic much?"