Chapter 67 // Memorable Night //

yeehaw what is life (:

~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○

People were looking as a girl zoomed by them, usually, the stares would fluster you

People were looking as a girl zoomed by them, usually, the stares would fluster you. But now wasn't the time to think about such pointless things.

All that matters was that you arrived at the place, fast.

The phone was like glue stuck to your ear, you muted yourself, not wanting her to hear your heavy breathing. You wanted to speak up, you had a lot you wanted to say, but chose not to. It was better to save all of that for later.

Your heart was thumping like crazy and you could sense it even without feeling your pulse, the tenseness in your chest tightened as you reached the place.  

An ordinary alleyway, but it contained memories you would never forget in a lifetime. Last time it was a group of assholes surrounding her, but this time she was left alone, rolled up against the wall you could barely see her.

"Hey...it's alright." You rushed towards her, bending down as you comforted her. "It's gonna be fine, I'm here." you wanted to hug her, she seemed so scared. 

"(y/n)...?" her expression made you think she wasn't expecting you, even though she was the one who called. "Why are you...here?" She hurriedly wiped her tears.

You held up the phone, "You called me, didn't you? What happened?" you asked worryingly. She was shaking, trembling in fear. What in the hell happened?

"N-no, I..." 

She was panicking, why? 

"You...you weren't-" her breathing hitched, she was struggling to form words. "You weren't...supposed to..." her breathing quickened, she was avoiding eye contact, her hands clutched together, trying to cover her face. 

You embraced her, it was an awkward position to hug her, but you didn't really care at this point. "I wasn't supposed to see this?" you helped her finished the sentence. "Who decided that?" 

"Yukina."

Her breathing was still uneven, you could feel her rapid heartbeat. You hope that she couldn't feel yours. "Are you saying that you were planning to be alone like this?" you pulled back to look at her, her face was red, tears threatened to drop.

You tried to hide your pained expression, the dark made it easy. "You can tell me anything, y'know. I don't mind." You reassured her, "I'll be here for you, you don't have to face this alone." you clasped onto her trembling hands. "You're important to me, both you and Sakura. So rely on me." You smiled.

"That's what friends are for, right?"

A choked sob, that seemed to intensify the crying. "I'm...I'm s-sorry." she covered her eyes as the tears rolled down uncontrollably. "I'm s-sorry you had to see this." She cried.