CHAPTER 32

"Hey," I smiled as I entered her room. She's now sitting comfortably on her bed. "Good morning, Ally! How are you feeling?"

She was just staring at me, watching my every move. Inilapag ko sa bedside table niya ang tray na dala dala ko.

"Nagluto na 'ko para makakain ka, you need to drink your meds. You're still pale." Patuloy kong pagsasalita habang hinahanda ang kakainin niya.

I sat beside her, nakasandal ang likod niya sa headboard ng kama. Marahan kong hinahalo-halo at hinihipan ang soup na hawak-hawak ko para hindi siya mapaso.

"Where have you been all night?" I looked up to her when she suddenly asked. "I've been calling you several times but you don't pick up your phone." I swallowed hard as I looked away, hindi alam ang sasabihin.

I'm torn between telling a lie or just keeping my mouth shut. I breathed out a lungful sigh and decided to ignore her questions and her doubtful look.

"Kumain ka na muna, Ally. Kailangan mo ng uminom ng gamot." Thankfully she didn't protest when I started feeding her.

After she finished her food I gave her medicine and let her drink it. Nahihiya akong tumingin sa kanya kaya hangga't maaari ay iniiwasan kong makipag titigan o magawi ang tingin ko kay Allison. Parang kung may ano kasi sa mga tinging ipinupukol niya sa akin. Hindi ko alam kung ano pero nakakatindig balahibo.

"I'll just put this in the kitchen. I'll be back." Inimuwestra ko ang kinainan niya at hindi na inantay pang sumagot ito at agad ng nilisan ang kwarto niya.

Pabuntong hininga kong inilapag sa sink ang tray. I fitch out my phone from my pocket. I sighed when I saw that Jasmine still had no reply to the voicemail I sent a while ago. It's almost lunch time but I guess she's still asleep.

My guilt is now consuming me, I shouldn't have left Jasmine like that. After all that had happened between us last night, I should be taking care of her now, but Allison also needs me. She has been sick since last night and I wasn't here to take care of her. I'm still her fiance, she's still my responsibility after all.

"Mom, already set an appointment with our wedding planner."

My heart almost fell when I suddenly heard Allison speak. When I turned where I heard her voice, I saw her leaning towards the side of the kitchen door, while her arms were crossed on her chest.

"You're planning to give me a heart attack?" I beamed.

She shrugged her shoulders and walked to the fridge, she drank water. I brows furrowed, she's been acting weirdly and cold since earlier. Hindi rin siya masyadong nagsasalita at higit sa lahat ay magmula ng dumating ako dito kanina ay hindi ko pa ito nakikitang ngumiti. All she showed me was her serious and poker face which is completely new to me.

"By the way, may family dinner din with your family tonight." She informed me.

Hearing those statements mukang alam ko na agad ang pag-uusapan sa gaganaping family dinner na iyon. And by just having the thought of it made me sick. Ayoko na ng gan'to, nakakapagod. I guess, this is the right time. I gathered all my strength and finally met her eyes. Maya-maya pa ay siya naman ang umiwas ng tingin, I saw how she swallowed hard like she was preparing herself for something.