Chapter 6

Oct 11th; 8:00am, Bedroom;

"Miss Brock, Mr Stark wants to see you." Jarvis woke me up and I groaned. I got up, changed in the bathroom, and then got to Stark who was waiting in the living room, with some stranger. "You wanted to see me." my eyes were still closed, and I tried to get used to the light. "Uhm... Yeah. Mórrígan, those are some of my friends. That's Scott Lang, James Rhodes and Dr. Strange." I rubbed my eyes and looked annoyed at Stark, then back to the three men who stood in front of me. "Cool. Can I now go back to bed?" "No. We actually have a mission, and you are coming with us." "Mmh, breakfast." "Who is us?" "The normal team. Me, you, Romanoff, Rogers, Barnes and Maximoff." "Then why did you invite us over, Tony?" Rhodes asked Stark confused. "Oh, so if we need you one day, Mórrígan won't be surprised by your presence. You can go now."

After that I got back to my room, to get ready for my first mission. I turned the lights on, so I can see a bit better and maybe, just maybe... to annoy Barnes who was still sleeping. He groaned and put the blanket over his head. "Wake up, asshole." "Stop calling me that, weirdo." "I could wake him up." "NO." "What?" "Nothing." I opened the closet and took out a tight black shirt, and a pair of black cargo pants. I changed and then got out of the bathroom, and saw Barnes standing in front of the door. "You are seriously going to wear that for a mission?" He laughed as he looked at my clothes. "I am sorry, but I don't have such a fancy costume like yours. And those pants are more flexible than they look." I rolled my eyes, pushed him to the side and got back on my bed, to put on my black leather boots. After that I got to the kitchen and ate something.

"Is that your outfit for a mission?" Steve suddenly appeared behind me, and I throw my butter knife at him which I used to make my sandwich with. "Never, sneak up on me when I have a knife. And yes that is my outfit. I need to buy some more stuff." "Okay, I'll stop sneaking up on you, and maybe we can go shopping after the mission." I choked on my water, after I heard what he just asked me. "You want to go shopping." "Why not? I also need some stuff, and we can use Stark's credit kart." "Okay Rogers." I smiled and then noticed Barnes standing in the door with an annoyed expression. "Are you done planing your date? Stark wants to leave." After that he left. "Asshole." I muttered and Steve gave me his language look again.

9:01am; helicopter;

Steve and I finished getting ready and then got to the helicopter together. Before the flight, I wanted to talk with Wanda, who I haven't talked to since yesterday. "Can we talk for a second?" I asked. "Yes of course! I wanted to talk to you anyway." We distanced from the others, and I took a deep breath. "Look, I wanted to apologize for just leaving yesterday. You probably had a lot of questions." I started playing with my fingers, but she took my hand after she saw how nervous I was. "You don't have to apologize. I mean, I am the one who should. I almost forced you to tell me about him." I looked her in the eyes and we both started smiling. "It's okay. It's nice to have someone I can talk with," I smiled at her. "Friends?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Hey you two over there, come here." Tony yelled. Wanda and I got up, and went to the others who were waiting in the helicopter. "Okay so here is the plan-" "Wait before you start, could you please explain to me what we are even doing?" "You didn't tell her?" Romanoff asked Tony in disbelief. "I thought Rogers would do that." "I thought-" "For god's sake could you please just tell me what we are doing?!" I interrupted them. "We heard about an old laboratory from 2012, in which those alien symbiote were kept in. We will go into this facility, check if there are still some left, and take them with us, so Banner can run some tests on it." I felt the color draining from my face. "They are talking about my species. We have to destroy them, it could destroy your planet!" "Is everything okay?" Steve asked me and the others started looking at me. "Yeah, just didn't expect something like that as my first mission." I smiled and looked at my fingers. "Okay so here is the plan..."

9:43am; Facility with symbiote.

We landed a few miles away from the building and 2 black jeeps picked us up. In the first one were Steve, Stark and Nat and in the other one were James, Wanda and me. After we had arrived, we paired up in groups: Wanda and me, Steve and Bucky, and Natasha with Tony. Wanda and I are going in to check for the parasite, Tony and Romanoff are watching the front and the other two will watch the back.

We entered the building and quickly got on the way to the lab. Wanda turn comms off. I thought, hoping she would hear it. She stopped, pressed the button and so did I. "This alien, is the same as Venom. I don't even know how there are still some left, because I thought I destroyed them all, but what I do know is that we have to kill it. If it ever gets out of here, and finds a host, then hundreds of innocent people could die." "Okay, lets killed it." She said and started walking away. I just stood there, surprised that she just said yes. "Are you coming? Or...." I looked back at her and ran up to her.

"So, how do you kill an alien?" "It's pretty easy. We just need fire." After walking around some time, we found the lab and in it, was a little container with some slimy stuff in it. It was still alive. "Is that the-" "Parasite, yes it is." "Well, how do we light it up?" She asked me, staring at the disgusting looking thing. "I open the box, you take it out with your telekineses and I use my lighter and some hairspray." I pulled the stuff out of my pocket, and she looked at me confused. "You just carry that with you around?" "Yeah, I mean you never know, when you need to burn someone's face. And Steve refused to give me a gun after this little stunt in the gym." She giggled and I carefully opened the glass container. Wanda focused on it, and I immediately burned it, until it stopped moving, and slowly became ashes. "Well, that was easier than I thought." She said and we both let out a relived laugh. After that we got back out and saw some worried faces looking at us. "What happened?" I asked suddenly someone hugged be from behind. I turned and saw that it was Steve.

"Why the fuck were your comms out?!" Mr Asshole yelled at us and I stepped away from Steve. "We- I mean Steve and Tony were worried!" "Jesus Christ, calm down. We talked a bit in private and then turned them off. And if you were so worried, why didn't you go in and looked after us?" I asked and the four just looked to the ground. "We, were about to, but then I told them, that you were fine, because the facility has been empty for a long time." Natasha looked at the three men who just stood there and said nothing.

"Where is the symbiote?" Steve asked after staying silent for some time. "Well, turns out he is dead, and we didn't bring it with us, because we didn't know if touching it could be dangerous." "Dumbass, you set him on fire. He is dead." "I know that, idiot." I whispered and luckily no one noticed, well everyone besides Mr. Asshole, but he already thinks I am crazy, so it's not that big of a deal. "Did you find anything else?" Stark asked me and Wanda and I both just shook our head and said no. "Well, that was a boring mission. Let's get back to the tower." Stark turned around, and started walking towards the cars, which were waiting for us.

Wanda, James and I got in the car, and it started to drive. "I hope the next one gets better." Wanda said and I agreed with her. The 3 of us sat in the backseat, Wanda in the middle of course. "Any plans for today?" She asked us and James and I both answered no. "Great, maybe we can do something together, Mórrígan?" Wanda looked at me with puppy eyes, and I sighed. "Okay, if you want." She clapped her hands, and made a weird noise. "What do you want to do?" she thought for a second, and then gasped exited. "You could show me Ve-" I put my hand on her mouth to shut her down. Her eyes widen, when she realized what she was about to say in front of Barnes. We both stared at the Super Soldier who looked confused at us. "She could show you what?" He asked with his left eyebrow raised. "She could show me Ve- VECTOR!" She almost yelled. "Who is that?" "Her boyfriend."