Chapter 12

Oct 17th; 3:56am; Hotel room

I laid on the ground, the cold air giving me chills. I crawled away, trying to escape the man with the mask and metal arm. He kicked me in the stomach and I groaned in pain. "Please, I didn't do anything!" I cried out, holding my stomach. He came closer to me and sat on top of me. "WHERE IS IT!" He yelled and slapped me across the face. "I didn't take anything!" I got punched again. "I will ask you this one more time: Where is it?" He pulled out a gun, and pointed it at my head. "Fuck you!" I spit out, and the next thing I hear is a gunshot.

I sat straight up clutching my chest. My breath was heavy and tears streamed down my face. "Calm down. Just a nightmare." I flinched by Venom's voice and looked around. "Where are we?" I asked him, disorientated. "Hotel with Barnes." "Right." I got up from the floor, and entered the bathroom. I washed the tears and the sweat out of my face and sat on the toilet lid.

"I haven't had this nightmare for 2 years now." I whispered, still trying to calm down. "Maybe Barnes triggered it somehow?" "But we know him for a few weeks now, and I didn't have a single nightmare in that time... Oh fuck, my back hurts." I stretched and yawned. "Told you, you should have kicked him from the bed." "I should have listened to you." I rubbed my eyes and got out of the bathroom. "Are you Okay?" "Jesus Christ, don't scare me like that, idiot." I said and turned on one of the lamps next to the bed. "Why are you awake?" I asked Barnes and sat back on the floor. "I heard you talking in the bathroom." "Sorry. Didn't mean to wake you."

He sat up and made me some space on the bed. "Come, sit here." I hesitated, but then got up from the hard floor and sat in front of him. "Why are you up?" Barnes asked me, and he sounded like he actually cared. "Just, a bad dream. Nothing to worry about." I smiled a bit, and then stared down at my hands.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He whispered and looked at me. "I- no. I don't like talking about them." Well at least I don't want to about them with him, since those dreams are about the night, in which the winter soldier 'killed' me.

I know how much he hated himself for the things HYDRA forced him. Even tho I don't really like him, I didn't want him to feel even worse about himself. "Do you have them often?" "I used to have them every night and sometimes still get them. But this one, I haven't had it for almost 2 years now." I looked up and took sighed heavily. "But, now it came back." I pressed my lips together and shrugged my shoulders.

"I am sorry." "It's not your fault." "Technically it is." I yawned again, and my eyelids became heavier. I was about to leave the bed, but James grabbed my hand to stop me, and I flinched slightly by his touch. "You can stay on the bed for the rest of the night. I will sleep on the edge, so there is enough space in between us. Okay weirdo?" I chuckled and then grinned. "Okay, asshole." He smiled for a second, but then cleared his throat and looked serious again. "Good night." He laid down and covered himself with his blanket. "Night." I picked up my stuff from the floor and laid down. After a few minutes I fell asleep.

Venom's POV

Mórrígan and I laid down next to this Idiot, and she fell asleep. I grabbed her headphones and played some music since I wasn't tired anymore. I didn't want to wake her up, so I made the volume pretty low. I sang along a bit, when I suddenly felt the asshole next to us moving and turning to her. What the fuck is he doing? He rolled over and came closer.

I swear to god, come one inch closer, and I will throw you out of this window! I said, but he obliviously didn't hear me. The asshole lifted his hand, and was about to place his arm on Morgan's waist, but I punched him of the bed, with my arm. You will not touch her. I disappeared back in her body and heard a groan coming from the floor.