Chapter 30

Nov, 8th; 9:32; San Francisco

Mórrígan's POV

Venom jumped out of the water, and we  transformed back to our usual form before landing on the ground. I breathed heavily, throwing the trash bag next to me. I coughed up some water and rested my hand on the ground. "Oh gosh, I hate swimming," I breathed out and rolled to my side. "Well, actually, you didn't even swim." Venom commented, but I ignored him.

"I have water in my nose," I said while rubbing it. I slowly got up and put my wet hair in a low bun. Then I brushed off the sand on my clothes, and quickly change into something dry. I made sure no one was looking and put on a pair of black sweatpants and a red hoodie.

The wet clothes, I put in the trash bag and threw them in a bin. After that, I started walking towards the streets and checked for my phone. "Where did I put it? Did I throw it in the trash?" I asked myself while searching for my mobile. "You left it home." "And you didn't tell me?!" I asked angry. 

"Now we have to walk to my dad." I smiled and started walking again. 

Thank god he lived near the beach, I thought to myself. We almost arrived, when I saw the old coffee shopped I used to work in. "Should we go in and pay them a visit?" I asked Venom and he said he was okay with it.

Without any hesitation, I walked in and stopped in front of the counter. "Hello, my name is Cindy, what can get you star- MORIGIAN!" The Blondie yelled after recognizing me. She walked out and hugged me. "Cindy, first of all it's Mórrígan. Mor-ri-gan. You don't even have to roll the r" That felt good, I wanted to tell her this since the first time I met her. I forgot how much I disliked her.  "And please, don't hug me." "I still don't like that bitch." 

I pushed the for some reason still smiling girl away. Before I could say anything else, my other old Co- workers came up to me, and asked me some stuff about New York and how it was, working as a secretary. "Its great really."  I responded and we shit chatted for a bit. "I have to go now," I said after some time. "But it was great seeing you guys!" 

Short after, I left with my coffee the gifted me, and started walking towards my old apartment I used to share with my dad. After only a few minutes, we arrived. I took a deep breath before entering.

 I took the old key out of my bag. I slowly opened the door and we entered. The apartment was cleaned and I saw not a single beer can. I threw my bag on the sofa and  looked around a bit. After a while I walked in my old room. 

"He finished it." I said astonished. Before I left, it looked like a mess, with paint all over the floor. But my dad cleaned everything, bought new furniture and finished painting the walls. 

"I hope you like it." A voice appeared behind me, and I turned to see my dad standing in the door frame, playing nervously with his hands. "It looks good." I said, looking down at my feet. "It looks boring but okay."  "Did you got a haircut?" He asked me, oblivious trying to start a conversation. 

"Uhm, yes. You too, I guess?" He nodded. "You look...-" "Sober?" He interrupted me and I chuckled. "Yes." "Well, after you left, I realized that some things have to change. That I had to change." 

We both looked at each other, smiling a bit. "Do you want to drink a coffee and talk a bit, before visiting your mother?" I looked at the cup in my hand, and put it down. "Yeah, I would love that." 

Nov, 8th; 9:32; New York, Tower

 The avengers searched for the black creature, which mysteriously disappeared in the water last night. "So we have no clue what it is, or what it is?" Romanoff asked Tony, to clarify the situation. "That's right. What do you think it is, Bruce?" Stark asked the scientist, who has been awfully quiet the last few hours.

"Uh- I uhm-" He stuttered, but got interrupted by Wanda kicking him under the table. "I have no clue." He said, looking down at the paper in front of him. "Okay? Anyone else has any idea." "I have one, how about instead of sitting here doing nothing, we could go look for Mórrígan." Barnes said suddenly after staying quiet for the past hour like Banner did.

"Don't worry, your little doll is okay." Tony said, rolling his eyes. "Bucky is right. Someone should check, if she arrived at her dads house by now, or where she is." Steve agreed with his best friend.

"I think that would be the best." Pietro said. "Yeah, fine." Stark sighed. "I'll do it." Bucky and Pietro said at the same time. "I think it would be better if I go. I mean, at least she doesn't hat me." The speeder said, standing up from his chair. "No, I'll go. I bet your sister doesn't want you to get hurt." The soldier said, smirking. 

Pietro started to get annoyed. He should be the one, looking for Morrigan, since he is kind of her best friend and could tell her that the others know about Venom. "I think Barnes should go." Romanoff said. "He is better at fighting, sorry Pietro, and if Mórrígan would do something stupid he would stop her. Pietro only would encourage her." The assassin said.

"Good point, Bucky will go- and he already did." Stark said, noticing the winter soldier disappeared, who was running to the roof and started the first helicopter he could find.