Chapter 38

Nov., 9th; 8:54am; San Francisco 

Mórrígan's POV

We entered the coffee shop, and sat down on a table. I placed my bag on the chair next to me, and Bucky took the seat in front of me. It didn't even take 5 minutes, until I heard a familiar voice, approaching us.

"Mórrígan?" A small, skinny woman with brown long hair, and red strains walked over to me, and I jumped up, almost kicking the chair away. "Elena?" Venom wondered, and I heard excitement in his voice. "Elena!" I greeted her, and hugged her tightly. 

"It's been ages since the last time I saw you!" She said, and looked at me with happiness filling her eyes. "Well, you never visited me." I said, acting annoyed, but she just laughed it off. "And who is this gentleman?" She said, looking over to Bucky, who was playing with his fingers.

"Bucky Barnes." He introduced himself, and smiled friendly. "You have a boyfriend?" Elena asked me immediately, looking mad at me. "Yeah, but only since yesterday." I explained to her, to calm her down. We chatted for a bit, until Bucky decided what he wanted for breakfast.

I sat back down, and he smiled at me. "What?" I asked, wondering why he looked so happy. "That's the second time you called me your boyfriend." He smiled and I sighed. 

"I can stop if you want." I told him, but he shook his head, telling me he likes it. We waited for his sandwich and my croissant to arrive, and started to eat quickly, so we had more time to enjoy being alone. 

"I was wondering," He started, swallowing the piece of bread before continuing. "Wanda often reads your mind, right?" Bucky asked, and I nodded as a response. "What if she decides to enter it, while you are thinking about- you know, us?" He finished his sentence and I stopped in my movements, the food in my mouth almost falling out.

"BAHAHA" Venom laughed at us, and I suddenly had the urge, jumping in a fire. This little parasite bitch can be pretty annoying.

"I can try to talk to her, and ask her to not read my mind. Or we can try to control our thoughts while being with her." I suggested and he agreed. 

"Oh before I forget it, I wanted to ask if you are okay, with the fact that Pietro and I are so close?" I said, and he stayed silent for a second, thinking. "I swear to god, if this idiot says something dumb I will-" Venom started but got cut of by Bucky. "Yeah, why shouldn't I be. You don't have any feelings for him, do you?" He asked me, and I immediately said no.

"Well, then it shouldn't be a problem. You two were friends before we were, so I don't see why you should change that, because of me. I trust you." He explained, and I couldn't stop smiling.

We talked for a bit, and it seemed like time stopped when I was with him. It felt nice, being able to tell him almost everything, without having to be ashamed of myself. I checked my phone and it was almost 10am. I took out my wallet and placed a few dollars underneath my mug, said goodbye to Elena and left with Bucky.

"What are we gonna do now?" He wondered, holding my hand in 'our' way. "How about we go in a park, and watch little children, falling on their faces?" I suggested, and Venom said he would love that idea.

"As much as I would like doing that, I would prefer doing something else, so we can enjoy this a little longer." I slightly frowned but nodded. "What a killjoy." Venom also sounded disappointed, and let it show with an insult like always.

"Well, what would you like to do?" I asked him, and he thought for a second. "How about-" He started, and stopped walking. "I have no idea what we should do." He confessed and I laughed.

We somehow managed to spend the next few hours without getting bores, and I honestly would have loved if we have had more time.

We arrived at the roof of the building, Steve and Bucky agreed to meet, and stopped holding hands, and walked with enough space between us, so Steve would think nothing would have changed.  

"Oh I like that." Venom confessed, causing me to roll my eyes. Rogers, jumped out of the helicopter, and started running towards us, well more towards me. He wrapped his arms around me, and picked me up. "I was worried." He whispered in my ear, and I patted awkwardly his back, not sure how exactly I should react.

After a terrible long time, he let me go and the three of us walked to the helicopter. I looked to my right, and saw Bucky clenching his jaw, and looking angrily at Steve. 

I crawled in the helicopter, and sat down in the back, grabbing a pair of this giant headphones, so I can communicate with Steve and Bucky during the flight. It was kinda awkward to be honest, but Bucky and I managed to act serious, and to secretly hold hands.

I know some of you wanted Wade to be the friend, but I planned him for something special later in the story. And don't wonder if you see the character Elena more often in other stories of mine, it's because she is based on my cousin, and it's kinda my way, to thank her for all the support. 

(You can think of her, as my Stan Lee.)

Stay safe <3