Chapter 20

Oct:18th; 6:23pm; Avengers Tower

"Well, that was fun." I said, while entering the Tower. Pietro and I have been together, almost the whole day, and got to know each other a bit more. We ate dinner, turns out he loves spicy food as much as I do, I told him about Venom, and he showed me his powers.

At some point we were just walking around, he suddenly grabbed me in bridal style, and started running as fast as he could. After he let go of me, I punched him for almost giving me a heart attack. That was what he wanted to show me, that and a beautiful place in the middle of the forest. There was one big old tree, and we both imagined building a tree house like kids, since both of us did not have a fun childhood. He was with HYDRA, and I used to spend a lot of time in hospitals before I knew Venom.

"I really enjoyed the day. Do you want to do the same tomorrow?" He asked me, while walking next to me in the elevator. "I don't know, I still have to do some stuff. But I will tell you when I have time, okay?" I said while looking at him. "Okay." He smiled. After some time, the elevator arrived at my floor, and I got out. Pietro stayed in the elevator, and waved. "See you tomorrow." He smiled at me and I waved back. "See you tomorrow."

"I AM STARVING!" Venom yelled and I rolled my eyes. "Yeah I know." I sighed and throw my jacket on one of the chairs in the kitchen. I opened the fridge, and took out some eggs, toast, and waffles. Venom wanted to have some French toast, so I made him some.

I took a pan, and fried the with egg covered bread. Then I took two waffles, and put them in the toaster. I sang along to the song, I started playing on my phone, and didn't notice Barnes entering the kitchen and sitting down on the counter, watching me. While dancing a bit, I turned with a fresh plate in my hand, and almost threw it in his face. "JESUS - YOU HAVE TO STOP SCARING THE SHIT OUT OF ME!" I yelled, while holding my chest with my left hand.

"I'm sorry." He chuckled, and I threw a cloth at him. "What do you want?" I asked him, and turned back to my French toast, in the pan. "I smelled food. And I am hungry." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, then go and make you something." I said, and used the spatula to get the toast out of the pan. In the same moment, the waffles were done, and I placed them on the plate, too. "Oh, common. We both know I am not the best cook. Can you please make me something?" He asked, and tried making puppy eyes. I took a deep breath, wondering why I would do, what I was about to do. "HEY! THAT'S MY FOOD!" Venom yelled, after I placed the plate in front of Barnes.

James furrowed his eyebrows, and looked suspiciously at the food in front of him. "Before you ask, no, I did not put anything in there." I said, while opening the refrigerator and taking out the things I needed. James hesitated, but then took a bite. "Choke on it." Venom said, and I had to fight not to burst out in laughter. After a few minutes, everything was done, and I sat down in front of Barnes. "Did you talk with Steve about the nightmare problem?" I asked him and he shrugged his shoulders. "Steve suggested, that someone will stay with me, until it gets better. He kinda made a schedule with who will watch me. Sam will start." Barnes explained to me, and took another bite.

I started laughing and James rolled his eyes. "Poor Sam." I chuckled and took a sip of the orange juice I poured myself in. "Haha very funny." He said, before taking my cup. He emptied the glass, and smiled sarcastically at me. "Disgusting." "Did you just drink out of my glass? Now I need a new one, thanks." I rolled my eyes, and got up. Barnes just laughed, took his plate and cleaned it. After that, he left and Venom and I were alone, finishing our meal.

"Is it just me, or is acting Mr. Asshole a little strange lately." I asked the parasite, while eating. "No, I thought so, too. Maybe he is sick?" I shrugged my shoulders and nodded. "Probably." We finished, and I got to my room. I laid down on my bed, and started reading. After some time, I fell asleep. But guess what: Someone had a nightmare again.

Stay safe <3