Chapter 44

Disclaimer: if anything in this doesn't make sense, just ignore it.

Dec. 4th, 1am; Avengers tower roof

Mórrígan's POV

"You, Bucky and me are going to the helicopter, the others go to the jet." Steve ordered, and the three of us started running towards the heli. Bucky opened the door for me, and I sat down on one of the seats. James threw a few bags filled with guns next to me, and climbed in himself, Steve followed him.

The two men sat next to each other, and stared at me. "They do know, that one of them has to fly this thing." Venom said, and I waited for the big idiots to realize that, too. "So who is going to be the pilot?" I asked after waiting for a few more seconds.

The soldiers looked at each other, and discussed who should watch me, in case I get scared. "Scoot over, ladies." I said, while getting up and climbing into the front. I grabbed two of the headsets and gave them in the back. 

"Did you ever fly a helicopter?" Bucky asked, not even trying to hide the concern. "No." I answered, and pushed a few buttons. Having a symbiote who knows almost everything is not always bad. Venom told me exactly what to do, and shortly afterwards we were in the air. 

"So, why exactly is Stark making us do this mission at 1am?" I asked. The only thing I was told, that it has to do with HYDRA and that we have to get there as soon as possible. "We found a new base, and we believe that there is one more of those aliens. There also are a lot of new information about the monster who is eating those innocent people's head, but Jarvis couldn't hack the servers." Jesus fucking Christ how many are there. I thought Venom and I burned each of them down. And what kind of information? Oh, fuck what if my name is in any of those files? 

They know about my past with HYDRA, but what if there are any information about Venom? Fuck I am screwed.

A few hours of awkward silence have past, after we finally arrived in a forest near the base. I jumped out of the helicopter, and walked towards the jet, which just landed. The engines turned off, and Venom and I could go to the others without fearing to be in extreme pain.

Wanda ran up to me, and asked if I was okay, and how we are supposed to kill the alien without the others to suspect something. "Well, we could just act like there was none, after It's turned into ashes." Venom said, and Wanda nodded. Before we could say anything else, we got interrupted by Tony.

"Everyone, come here. Just so everyone is on the same page here. This is not a code green. Which is why Bruce will stay here at the jet, in case someone gets hurt. We will go in there, get everything on this USB stick and leave. And there might be a bomb in there, but don't worry." Tony said and put on his suit. "Wait, there is a bomb in there?" I asked, and he ignored it. 

"Yes, but I can assure you, you do not have to worry about it. We will be out of there before anything bad can happen." Vision said, while flying towards us. "Okay. What's the worse thing that could happen." I sighed and walked towards Bucky, who gave me one of the guns and a knife. "Are you okay?" He asked silently. No, because if this mission goes wrong, there is a big risk of you hating me and what I am in the end of the day. 

"Yes, just a bit nervous." I smiled, and grabbed another Glock25. "Okay, if everyone's ready I would like to make the teams now." Steve said, and each of us lined up next to each other. "Tony, Nat, Pietro and Bucky, go to the west side of the building. Vision, Wanda and Clint go to the east, and Mórrígan and I will go to the center." Wanda and I looked at each other. 

"Why are only the two of you going to the center? Wouldn't be smarter if someone goes with you? The possibility of tons of agents to be there is extremely high." Bucky said, sounding pissed. "Don't worry, pal. Nothing will happen." The other soldier responded, ignoring the annoyed facial expression of his best friend, and  started walking towards the base.