Chapter 6

Recap

I made my way to my seat just as the bell rang and class started. Luckily today we were watching a movie that I had already seen. And I'm guessing from the look on Bellas face, she had seen it too.

The movie started to play just as the lights were shut off. I looked over at Bella waiting for answers,  all she did was smirk at me. God that sexy little smirk. It made me want to take her right here and now and just ravish her. 

'Feeling a little lustful are we major' Bella said in my head, with that smirk still plastered on her gorgeous face.

'How did you know I was feeling lustful?' I thought.

'I'll tell you when we get to that part. I'll start from the beginning' she thought.

'Why do I have a feeling this talk will change everything' I thought to myself, Momentarily forgetting she was inside my head.

'Because it will' she replied bluntly.

'Great'

Bellas P.O.V

As soon as jasper sat down next to me in first period I wrapped my shield around him and took his power. Peter told me my power was a stealer. In all reality it's more like a copier. I copy gifts not steal them.

'I wonder why it's called stealing then....hmm' I thought only to myself. I'll figure that out later, now back to the matter at hand. I copied jaspers power, hence why I knew he was feeling lustful. *snickers* this gift is awesome.

(Bellas thoughts - italics, jaspers thoughts - bold)

'Here we go. So yesterday I was feeling a lot of frustration and annoyance at Edward, which I'm sure you felt. I was thinking about the differences of our relationship compared to everyone else in your family. Apart from yours and Alice's that is. I needed to find more out about the mating bond and what your supposed to be feeling.

I knew there was only one person I could ask who would tell the truth, besides you, Carlisle. That is why I lied to Edward yesterday about going to hang out with my dad. Instead I went to see Carlisle at the hospital.

When I asked him about mates he confirmed my suspicion that the feelings I had for Edward was not that of a true mate.

I then had the idea to ask him about how vampires act when they are protecting their meals. You see on my disastrous 18th birthday I saw Edwards eyes turn black after I cut my finger. I saw him start to turn towards me to attack, but you stepping forward to protect me from him caused him to get possessive and push me into the table.

The way he was defending me from everyone was not the way you protect your mate from a threat. It was more like he was defending his kill.'

'Wait ya know I was trying to protect ya?how?'

'Because your eyes weren't black with bloodlust when you started to move towards me. You weren't even watching me, you were watching Edward. I know you tried to attack me after I was pushed into the table, but I don't blame you for that. You felt everyones bloodlust on top of your own. No one, not even the most controlled vampire can resist that temptation.'

'Wow. Ya are truly amazin darlin. Sorry for interuptin. Continue'

'OK well after I left Carlisle, I knew I had a lot to think about. When I got home I started on dinner for Charlie.  Throughout putting dinner together I thought about everything I was told. I knew Edward was not my mate like he says.