Chapter 15

Jaspers P.O.V

Wednesday and Thursday flew by fast. We spent most of that time talking and playing games with Peter and Char, and the rest we spent in my study. We may have destroyed it and had to fix it up again a total of 4 times. It was so worth it though. We all went hunting once more Thursday night, considering I don't know when the next time is that we will be able to hunt together. We went to a club and fed on some scum, then spent the rest of the night drinking and dancing. Yes we can drink, it just takes a lot more alcohol to get us drunk, than it does humans.

We left the club when it closed and made our way back to the house. Splitting up so I could hunt some animals to keep my eyes somewhat golden. I can't wait til we get to Texas and I don't have to hunt animals anymore. It's a lot easier to hunt from humans now that I have Bella.  She shields me from emotions when we hunt the scum. I'm so grateful that she is mine.

After hunting a mountain lion and a couple deer, Bella and I spend the rest of the early morning claiming each other again. I can't help myself, my mate is a fox.

We return to the house around 8 am Friday morning. We all meet in the livingroom to go over the plan one more time. Bella checked the fridge and saw that we were out of eggs, milk and orange juice. She decided that's what she was going to get from the store in our story.

At 10 o'clock Bella and I head out in her truck while Peter and Char go steal a body.  We finally found the perfect spot. It was a really narrow road, not far out of town. The sharp curve made it kind of a dangerous road. She turns off of the road and goes straight into a tree about 15 feet into the forest, close enough that if someone drives by they can still see the truck.

With the force in which Bella hit the tree I knew the truck would soon catch fire on its own. We have about 5 minutes if that.

Lucky for us Peter and Char arrive 2 minutes later with a brunette, who in a way kinda looks like Bella.  I set her in the truck and step away just as the engine caught fire, quickly engulfing the whole cab in flames. Bella took off her shoes and lit them on fire, letting them burn, but letting them be somewhat recognizable as her shoes. She sets them in the truck, on the floor, which is luckily not as charred as the seat. The ashes of the now charred girl are all over the cab. They will definitely be recognized as ashes.

We then run back to the Cullens house to wait until we can continue our plan. About 2 hours later Peter calls the police station anonymously to report the accident. Then it's my turn to call the Cullens to play my part in this. 'Here goes nothin' I thought to myself, as Bella and Char both give me an encouraging smile.

(Jasper- bold, Carlisle- italics)

The phone rings 3 times before Carlisle answers.

"Hey son. Is everything ok?"

"No Carlisle, you guys need to come back right now" I choked out. "How soon can you be home?"

"In about 5 hours if we come straight there. Why jasper what has happened?"

"it's Bella. She went to the store earlier because we were out of a couple things, but she never came back. I went to search for her and found her truck on the side of the road, she hit a tree. I thought she would be fine just going to the store by herself. She's gone Carlisle."I said dry sobbing and choking over my words at all the right spots.

"Oh god. We're on our way son. See you soon."

He hangs up after that. I could hear Edward shout in the background and knew he was pissed. I turned to Bella who kissed me lightly on the lips before pulling me into a hug.