Chapter 20

Alice's P.O.V

It's been a whole month since my Jazzy left me. After our confrontation I was hoping he'd still be there so I could talk him into staying with me. I knew it would have worked if I'd had the chance. We came home earlier than we were told too so I could catch him before he left, but had another reason in place just in case. We apologized profusely to our family, not really meaning it of course. I'd do it all again in a human heartbeat.

Carlisle and Esme seemed to have forgiven us. Rosalie and Emmett on the other hand do not. They somehow saw right through our apology. I can't tell if they will ever forgive us because for some reason I can't see their futures much anymore. I get glimpses here and there but most of the time it's just blank. Edward also can't read their minds most of the time. It's like they have some sort of block put up to keep us out. Even Carlisle and Esmes futures sometimes disappear. It's really annoying and I'm getting tired of it.

Today Edward and I have decided to go hunting, which is mostly just so we can talk in private. I love Edward but I really miss my Jazzy, my protector. I want him back so he can protect me forever. I don't ever want to die and I don't think that I should have to learn to protect myself. That's a mans job. I need to figure out a plan to get him back, but how? I still can't see his future.

We leave the house and start running towards Canada. We run for awhile before taking down some deer, then sitting down to talk.

"Edward why do you think I can't see them anymore?" I asked hoping we can find out.

"Who all can't you see Ali?" He asked.

"I can't see Jasper, Peter or Charlotte so I have no idea where they are. I don't understand how they are blocking me. The same thing happens that happened when I tried to search for Bellas future. I start to have the vision, see a figure and then it's like I get pushed out by something or someone". I said in a frustrated tone.

"Well in Bellas case it was probably her shield. It must have somehow gotten stronger and kept you out too. I thought about it after you stopped seeing Jaspers future and I couldn't read his mind anymore, but I think Bella had him shielded somehow. I don't think she was strong enough to do it knowingly. I think it might have been because he's her mate, her other half. Her shield just reached out to him on its own. How it's still around him though I have no idea, since she's dead." He stated dryly.

"I guess that makes sense but then why can I not see Peters or charlottes? And how are the rest of our family blocking us too? I still see Esme and Carlisle alot, it's maybe 30/70 with them. I can hardly get a read on Emmett and Roses future, just glimpses here and there. It's frustrating me so much. I just can't stand it. And I know they are lying when they say they have no idea why. Something is definitely going on that they don't want us to know about." I said thoughtfully trying hard to look into their futures again.

"I know Ali. I feel it too. What are we going to do?" He asked.

I was about to answer when I was pulled into a vision.

Emmett and Rosalie sitting around a table in a lunchroom with 4 other people. I couldn't tell who, seeing as they were just dark black figures.
They were laughing and having a good time.
It definitely wasn't in forks, but the school does seem familiar somehow. I could tell it was going to happen soon, probably this fall.

The vision lasts for 10 seconds and then i get pushed out, confused by the vision. Why are Emmett and Rosalie back in school already? Usually we have too wait 5 years for Rose to go back, and even then she's reluctant and bitchy. I've never seen her act that way at school before, she seems genuinely happy to be there. And if they are there, where are we?