Chapter 30

Bellas P.O.V

By the time I was finished taking my shower it was 6 p.m., our explanations of what has happened to Carlisle, Esme and the wolves had taken almost the whole day.

Charlie would be home from work in a little over an hour and I decided while taking my shower, that I would be there to surprise him. I was debating on telling Charlie what I am, considering the Volturi would be dead soon, except a select few. I probably should wait and run it by Marcus and the new leaders when they were chosen. I did not want to put him in danger if the answer was no.

After I dressed in some blue skinny jeans, cowboy boots, a white wife beater and a black button up shirt with my hair in a messy bun, I headed downstairs to my family. I felt Jaspers lust as I came into view, I guess he liked my outfit. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow with his favorite sexy smirk, which of course doubled his lust. I shook my head and chuckled, walking over and sitting in his lap.

"Better?" I asked glaring playfully at everyone. They all laughed.

"Much better Belly bean." Emmett boomed.

"So I have decided to surprise Charlie when he gets home tonight." I said to everyone.

"That's a good idea darlin' he has probably missed ya like crazy." My mate drawled.

"Yea he probably has. Oh Esme do you have all the ingredients for lasagna, I was thinking I could make him dinner. He most likely doesn't have any food in the house." I said.

"I think so. Let's go check. I'm not entirely sure what all goes into lasagna, seeing as though we can't eat it." She said chuckling.

I kissed Jasper and followed Esme to the kitchen. Luckily she did have everything I needed. I grabbed the ingredients and put them in a bag. I was running to Charlies since it was faster than driving, and so no one would see me. I was supposed to be dead after all.

I said goodbyes to everyone, kissed Jasper and told them I'd be back later. I ran full speed to Charlies through the forest,  making it there in 3 minutes. I scaled the side of the house and climbed through my old bedroom window. I'm glad I didn't lock it last time i was here.

I made my way to the kitchen and started preparing Charlies dinner. I had everything ready and in the oven to bake in under 5 minutes, gotta love vampire speed. It would be done in about an hour.

The house wasn't really dirty, but it wasn't clean either. To help my dad out I cleaned up a bit and started a load of laundry. His clothes were all over his room, and they smelled horrible.

I heard the cruiser pull onto the street after I finished with the laundry.

I went over to the couch and sat down to wait for him to come inside. I heard him pull into the driveway and get out, slamming the door of his cruiser. His emotions were all over the place. The strongest was frustration. He must have had a hard day at work. He unlocked the door and came inside, hanging up his jacket and gun, before making his way into the livingroom.  He froze when he saw me.

"Hi dad." I said smiling

"Bells?" he asked in shock.

I got up from the couch and went over to him. I pulled him into a hug and kissed his cheek.

"I missed you dad." I whispered.

"Missed you to Bells. What are you doing here? I thought you were in Texas?" He asked pulling away and looking at me.

"We decided to come for a visit. Alice and Edward are traveling so we decided to come while they're gone." I told him shrugging my shoulders.

I led him over to the couch so he could sit down. I could feel how tired he was, even though right now shock and happiness overruled his fatigue.