Chapter2

I go through my closet in search of something to wear and settle on a black sleeveless dress that stretched about my mid-thigh.

It's a beautiful dress gifted to me by my best friend, Brielle. She has been my best friend ever since college. She is my only friend, my knight in shining armor. And she is more than enough.

I again remember that I haven't called her since I moved here. How could I forget to call her? She hasn't called me which means she is mad I didn't call her. I decide to call her before getting ready. She picks up her phone after 5 rings.

"Hey Bri"

"Oh, so you still remember me? I thought my so-called best friend forgot I even existed" She sounds furious but not really. She loves me. She can never be too mad at me.

"Bri. You know that I'm new to this area. It took me a couple of days to settle in my new flat. Today I had some free time, so I dialed your number. I'm sorry." I still apologize. Then again. Not really apologizing.

She laughs, "Why are you saying sorry?" And there. Our small fight is forgotten. "I was just joking. I know how my best friend is. Anyway, tell me about yourself, met any hot guys?"  Here we go with guys again. I'm fine by me for now.

"Ugh...no, I haven't met anybody, and you already know I'm not trying to date. I'm not ready. I hardly know how to look after myself," I state. Let me survive on my own with no help for some time then I'll think about love and stuff.

"Of course you can I think you should give it at least a try. You haven't dated anyone in your entire life. Are you planning to die alone?" She questions.

"No, Bri. Who said something about dying alone? I've got you. Why don't you marry me?" I ask her jokingly.

On second thought, we could actually do that.

"Of course, why not? We may even have children." She replies sarcastically.

I wouldn't mind spending the remainder of my life with her. She knows me better than anyone else.

After having almost no friends in high school, getting one at college was a blessing. I am so grateful to have her in my life.

I look at the watch on my wrist to check the time. The watch is a gift to me by Ryan on my last birthday.

I should start getting ready, I conclude knowing Sophia would be here any minute now.

"Listen, Bri. I just wanted to call to let you know that I have settled down. I'm all right. I found some new friends at work, and they invited me to dinner. So I need to start getting ready," I talk, fast because once I start to talk with her we can speak for hours no realization of time.

"New friends?" She sounds shocked.  "Rose, I am so happy that you have now found some new friends. But you better not replace me with anyone."

My crazy best friend. Why would I ever choose to replace her? She is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. There is no one like her. She is family. My sister.

"Bri you know how much you mean to me. Nobody can take your place." I assure her which is probably not necessary, she should clearly know how much she means to me.

"Good," she says, monotone. "now go get ready. You don't want to be late. I will call you tomorrow. Have fun." Her voice takes a happier tone at the end.

"I will. I miss you Bri." This is the first time I've been away from her since we became best friends.

"Rose, I miss you too. Don't worry we will meet soon. Now go get ready?" She whispers.