Epilogue

Four months later

A cry is heard and I look through my teary vision, snapping my eyes open. Arosio's hand tightens slightly on mine as he kisses my forehead, "You're so strong, my love. You did it. She is here."

"Ashlyn," I breathed her name. The nurse takes her away. No, "Give her to me!"

"Hey, she is right here. They are checking if everything is alright." His voice assures me, but I need her in my hold. I had waited so long to see her and she is here. My eyes remain fixed on where she is as Arosio uses a cotton cloth to wipe away my sweat and tears.

Our baby.

I hear her hiccup as her cries stop momentarily, then she wails again. No.

"What are they doing to her?" Just then, the nurse turns with my baby wrapped in a soft pink-colored blanket.

"She is beautiful," the nurse says with a smile and then places Ashlyn in my arms.

Her wails stop as I place her on my naked chest since my gown hangs loosely on my shoulder.

My daughter.

Arosio and my daughter.

Our princess.

Our Ashlyn finally chose to bless us with her warmth. More tears flow from my eyes as I look up at Arosio. He has an indescribable emotion on his face. He pecks on my lips as he pushes my hair away from my forehead.

Slowly, I hold her in my hands so that I can look at her face properly now that she has stopped crying. My heart stops when I see her face.

Beautiful.

My index finger goes up and I place it on her chin, slowly trailing it up to her forehead. So small. Tiny nose. Perfect pink lips. Thick black hair. She came from me. Made by Arosio and me.

I feel Arosio lean down and place his hand underneath mine. The moment he did that, her eyes opened as she made a small noise.

Green eyes.

My heart stopped for the second time.

At the same time, Arosio looks down at me I look up and I see the same eyes.

Just like in my dream, two pairs of green eyes look at me.

"Your eyes," I murmur.

"She is beautiful just like her mother." My heart swells further with love. Leaning down, he places his lips on mine and a slow kiss happens. I have the world surrounding me. Ashlyn was in our hands, and Arosio's handheld both of us in his warmth. Three hearts were beating at the same time. Our baby is in our care.

I pull away and we both look down at her again. She is perfect. She is still looking at me with that adorable face. An uncomfortable expression takes over my sweet baby and her small hands that were in fists move in the air. She starts to make a noise from her throat, moving her head slightly as she looks at me with those emerald eyes.

"She is hungry," Arosio says, gently running his hand on the top of her head. Hearing the voice, Ashlyn stops squirming and looks at Arosio. Both of them only look as if they were put on pause by some remote control. She, again, squirms a few seconds later, so I open up the thread of the gown, pushing it past my shoulder.

Ashlyn's lips find my nipple, her green eyes traveling to Arosio again.

"It's okay. I can share." Arosio says to Ashlyn, making me let out a laugh. Even in exhaustion, I felt fresh. Her chubby cheeks move as she starts to suckle.

Ashlyn looks just the way I had thought she would. Putting my beating heart in a bet, I could tell with surety that Ashlyn would look just the way she did in my dream. I gently move her in my hold while I nurse her, seeing her eyes opening and closing dreamily. Will she sleep now?