Chapter 40

An open field is in front of me. The sun is shining mildly. The place is unknown to me, but it's beautiful. The leaves of some trees are dancing to the sound of the wind. Such a beautiful feeling to be standing here. I'm wearing a blue dress that falls below my knees and it's flowing along with the wind.

"Roselyn," A voice calls, and I run towards the source, laughing without a second thought.

A man is standing with his back in front of me. He was the one calling me. He turns around and I see his face. It's Arosio. My smile broadens and I run straight into him. He wraps his arms around my back and kisses my temple.

I stare up at him and he speaks, "I love you."

"I love you," I whisper back and we kiss.

Lips on lips.

"Mama." A child's voice calls out and we break the kiss, turning towards the voice.

"There's the little devil," Arosio says and kisses my cheek before running towards the small child. She jumps right into his arms and he picks her up, throwing her in the air as musical giggles are heard. She whispers something in his ear and he nods his head, approving of her words.

What is she saying to him?

They approach me slowly. Both of their face filled with smiles. Curiosity fills me. What are they going to do today?

The girl is still trying to catch her breath from all the running.

"Mama," She says, raising her hand and I open my arms to her. She comes in my hold and looks at me. Her green eyes, the exact copy of my Arosio is filled with laughter. Her black hair is flowing in the air freely. She puts her hand in front of my eyes and I notice a daisy flower in her small hands. "For mama." She says and I take it, kissing her cheek.

"Thank you, mi more," I tell her and she looks at me proudly, just like Arosio.

"No flowers for papa?" Arosio says and my baby shakes her head.

"No. Only for mama." Arosio gives her a fake sad face and she jumps in his hold without another thought. Arosio immediately catches her before she falls. She places her hand on his cheek asking him to look at her. He couldn't keep up the fake gloom looking at the smiling face of our daughter.

Arosio tickles her and her scream of laughter fills the air. I look around to see only three of us.

Happy and together.

"Mama. Save me." My baby says and I shake my head at the two of them.

Arosio kisses her forehead allowing her to calm down.

"She is just like you," Arosio says.

I don't agree with him. She is exactly like him. Arosio pulls me to him as well and pecks my lips. My baby catches my jaw with her small hand and I allow her to turn my head towards her. She places her small lips on mine and mumbles, "My mama," Which causes both of us to laugh and she laughs too with no knowledge of why her parents were laughing.

White light is seen in the distance and everything blinds my eyes, causing me to shut it and I grab into Arosio's hand, not wanting to let him disappear.

The light doesn't seem to disappear so, I open my eyes to check around.

I become confused for few seconds before realizing it is just a dream. I frown. Why did I dream that?

I realize the light was coming through the thin curtains. Unlike back in his mansion, in this room, there are no thick curtains to block out the light completely. I sigh and close my eyes again.