Chapter 7

I stare at him in disbelief. Is he serious? The fact that he saw me before that day at a cafe does not give him permission to take me away from my life.

No wonder I thought I had seen him somewhere else. He is the same man that I had met when I was still at the university. I had collided with a man when I was talking to Brielle but I forgot that face although it was faintly still present in my head. And that other guy who was with him was Dorian. I hadn't seen him that day properly given the other man who was Arosio had scared me to some extent.

There's a moment of silence as neither of us speaks after he finishes telling me where he first saw me. I snap out of my trance when the realization of the kidnapping hits me.

"Did you expect me to run in your arms and let you claim me as yours when you finish your story?" I question, my voice getting loud. "Well, let me tell you something: it is not going to happen. I will never be yours, and how can you possibly think you can own a person?" He is strongly mistaken if he thinks I am not going to fight and simply submit myself to him.

"That is where you are wrong, mia cara; you are already mine; look around; you are here with me, and you cannot run. You became mine the moment I laid eyes on you." With a deep voice, he says.

"Don't you understand this isn't how you make someone love you? And I'm in love with somebody else," I lied. "So just save us both from this unnecessary trouble and let me go," I say.

I was speaking to him, looking nowhere in particular, so I didn't see his demeanor changing, because the moment I return my gaze to his face, I see nothing but utter indignation, gone was the softness in his eyes that was there when he was speaking to me just moments ago. His green eyes were darkening, his jaw was clenched, and his hands were locked in a fist.

He rises from his seat and strides towards me, as he strongly pulls my body up towards his holding my arms my palms rest on his chest and every part of my body is flushed against his. He locks his gaze on my eyes as his hold on my arms tightens, causing me to hiss painfully. I look down at his chest, away from his face, because I am scared for my life; his glare is too intense.

He grips my chin between his thumb and index finger and lifts my head, but I shut my eyes immediately since I am scared to look at him. He puts a little pressure on my chin and says coldly, "Look at me."

My eyes shoot open the moment I heard the solemnity of his voice, his dark eyes stare back at mine. He lets go of my arm, and I almost fall as I didn't realize he was carrying all of my weight, but he immediately catches me by the waist. "Listen to me carefully, Roselyn, and if you don't understand, ask me again. I'll repeat it, but get these words tattooed in your mind. Do you understand? You're mine. I will kill any other man you hold dear in your life. Tu sei mio e solo mio. If anyone ever tries to take you away from me, I will not hesitate for a second before shooting a bullet in their head. No one can take you away from me, you hear me? Nobody, not even you." (You are mine and mine alone.)

I can feel tears filling up my eyes, but I'm not going to let him win. I'm going to run away from him. I try to push him away, but he doesn't bulge, and a tear slips from my eye. He follows the tear with his eyes and yanks me out of his hold, and I take a few steps away from him.

I take a few deep breaths and compose myself before I get too far into my emotions.

"No, I don't understand, and I'll never be yours. Do your absolute worst." His jaw clenches once more, and he stares at me, emotions swirling in his eyes which I don't understand." My family and friends will look for me. It's just a matter of time before they call the cops. I was going to see a friend, and she will know."

He chuckles darkly, "My Rose, that's the thing, they'll know, but they'll never find you unless I allow them to." His words anger me again.

I smirk "But you can't take me away from the airport like this. You'll never succeed because the moment I step into the airport, I'll scream for help. I won't just walk with you quietly if that's what you had expected me to do." I take a deep breath as the flight attendant announces that we will be landing shortly.