Chapter 60

When I wake up I don't open my eyes but my lips start to slide with his.

Why is he kissing me when I'm asleep? What is going on?

"Awake?" Arosio whispers.

It was not a dream. He was kissing me.

"Why-"

"Seventeen days, remember?" He is going to make up for all of it, "Your fever is no longer there," He says and pulls away from my forehead. How long has he been awake? What about his work?

"I love you," I say. His eyes lighten even more and I lean up to kiss his cheeks.

"I love you more," Arosio says.

All of a sudden it feels as though I never left and nothing changed between us. So easy to forget the pain when love is given to you. Maybe not always but we'll strengthen our relation day by day. Last night's sleep was peaceful yet restless because I didn't know what he was thinking when I woke up in the middle of the night. But my eyes were too heavy, so despite my mind asking me to talk to him about what was troubling him, I fell asleep.

That day in my head, I had thought I would leave and come here since I knew this would be the last place he would look for me then, as the days and night passed it was revealed that it's impossible to be without him.

I grab onto his hand as my head rests above his chest, near his throat. Closing my eyes I imagine the cord between us tightening up slowly, even stronger than before.

I remember something and then look at his hand. He still hasn't worn the wedding band. Before I get to another conclusion I instantly speak. "Why did you take your band off if you didn't mean about marrying Cynthia?"

"I asked her to marry me when Dorian and Sergey were around and I wanted it to be believable. I wanted you to return. And I knew that if the guys were to know I didn't mean it, they would also tell Meryl and Adriana. I didn't want them to tell you the truth in case you were to call them."

"To make it believable, you did it?"

"Yes and also because the last time you put this on me, you hated me. And since I read the note I wanted to wear it for a different reason."

"Okay." He had never meant to marry her. But she said she loved him. I need to talk to her about it when I see her. "Did they believe?"

"No." I expected so.

"Where is it?" He moves a bit and seconds later the band is in front of us.

"I had placed it under the pillow last night." He places it on my hand.

"I love you," I say and slip the band in his finger and get on my right elbow, removing my head from his chest then kiss him.

While Arosio is showering I look around the kitchen. Alana is not here. Maybe we're going home today. But this place feels home too, although silent with no one around.

He will be here soon.

I pause in the middle of the kitchen.

Wait.

Isn't this the same place I had chosen some time ago among the ones Arosio had shown?

The answer is yes, I look around the sitting area and all of the place. Last night I didn't glance anywhere or stopped to muse anything so I had missed it.

There weren't many groceries. I make two omelets and cut the avocado into pieces. Next, I make coffee for him and pour juice for myself. I pour it in another glass as well after few seconds in case he wants to drink it as well.