Chapter 44

The photo shows him and her in the front garden of the Romano family mansion.

I gulp down the remaining vodka. That's all that I can fucking do.

Arosio gets all the power in the mafia. He gets all the money and wealth and now, he gets a fucking wife. A woman who possesses that kind of captivating beauty. No wonder he kidnapped her. I would have done the same. But I wouldn't have been a weak fucker or a lovesick puppy. I would have taken her and claimed the bitch on the same fucking day. Make her my personal slut.

Arosio has a clear smile, but that's not the part I hate. I hate that the girl is looking at him with a grin on her face. In no way, do I want that woman for weakness or anything else. I want her because that face is hard to miss. Although I want her dead more because no matter what, Arosio loves her and wants her. If she dies, he dies.

I dislike that girl's gaze on him because the girl is clearly falling for him. I, at least, had the satisfaction of knowing the bitch hated him, but now that is obviously changing. Why the fuck does he get everything? He doesn't even try.

After Liam left, I had an eye on the power since the whole mafia was in disarray with Arial losing two members of the family, which made Leonardo lose focus. I knew that was the time my father could have easily attacked since I was still working under him then, but he failed. I knew I was better than Arosio since he didn't have much training but I had. I was raised knowing I would take the power while he was supposed to work under Liam. But Arosio did run everything. He took over and looked after everything. And I never got a fucking chance to attack until I heard about that woman.

I dial a number.

"Antonio."

"You said the girl hated him. The photo clearly shows that's now the case." I bark. I have been keeping it low and living in this small penthouse. Arosio has his men all over the place looking for me because he does have more power than me. He has more men and allies while I don't.

However, he is not worthy of it.

I am.

"She did, but it's been three nights in a row that they have been showing some fucking love in the mansion."

The bitch has lost her mind.

"You seem to be enjoying it," I speak, looking at the photo. I want to have Arosio on his knees while I rule over everything.

"Fuck off Antonio."

I had one chance to get the girl, but I fucked it up because of the two idiots. There's no way I'm getting my hands on her again. Not with five men being around the café she works in all the time, and above that, not one guard in the family mansion is mine. I had one man in Arosio's mansion, but he died, obviously, considering my men tend to get stupid while working to kill one unarmed woman. He had one simple job and that was to go to their room while Arosio was away and stab the bitch in the fucking throat and then the heart to kill her. The bullet would have been too easy. I wanted her to bleed to death slowly. And even though this asshole didn't close the lights at the exact time, he had no choice but to drink the poison for an easy death. I have idiots working for me.

"Try to instigate a feud between them," I say.

That's the only way I see it.

"How do you presume I fucking do that? Arosio won't even hurt that girl in his sleep. He is looking after her every fucking time, either through his own eyes or through someone else's. And the bitch isn't someone who is going to whore around with some other man. I don't even think he would do anything to her even if she did. And he is not stupid to fall for my words. As much as I know, the moment I bring her up, he is going to doubt me and you'll lose the only chance you have of taking over. He is not stupid if it wasn't already obvious. " If only I had known that woman was on Arosio's list for years, I would've taken her a long time ago when his men weren't around.