Chapter18

"Roselyn," a soft voice calls out. I see nothing but darkness. How am I dreaming without any picture?

"Wake up, my love," someone says as they shake my shoulder. It can't be morning yet given how sleepy I am. Am I hallucinating?

I snuggle my face deeper into the pillow, pulling the covers with my hands, bringing warmth to my whole body. The warmth exacerbated my already drowsy state.

"Baby," says the voice softly.

Who is trying to wake me up? I moan and move turning my body to the other side, and sigh sleepily. Sleep appears to be calling me into its embrace, and I happily follow it, wanting to get lost in it.

I was already drowning in my sleep again when I hear them call me again, "Roselyn, wake up." 

My hand comes up to my face and lightly rubs my eyes. I see blackness when I open my eyes. 

A hand comes up to my shoulder and moves my body so that I am lying flat on my back. I see a dark silhouette through my half-opened eyes as I look up. Who's there?

Still, in my sleepy state, I speak trying to clear my head, "What's happening?"

When the light from the bedside table is turned on, a dim light fills the room, and I see Arosio as my vision clears after a few seconds.

"What is going on? Am I dreaming?" I ask dumbfounded.

"No, you're not. Wake up, my love. We are going out." His voice sounding like a dream in my sleepy state.

My eyes close as I decide to ignore the words just wanting to sleep. A hand cups my face as he plants a kiss on my cheek with his cold lips. I was about to fall into the slumber when he speaks, "Roselyn. I know you want to sleep, but we are going for a walk. So, wake up."

I open my eyes to see his face right in front of my face. He smiles lightly while his green eyes look brighter than I have ever seen despite the dim lights. Or maybe it's just my eyes. A single drop of waterfalls on my forehead from his hair and he wipes them away with his fingers.

"What?" I say as he moves back such that I see the ceiling instead of his face. I half-close my eyes.

"We're going out." My eyes open more as I force myself to because I don't understand half of what he is saying.

"Why?" I ask as I lift my body from the mattress as the cold spreads across my back. Sleep still seems to linger in my eyelids, as I feel like I'm about to fall asleep without even laying down on the mattress.

"I want to show you something and you said you are bored, so get ready." He says this while taking my hand and rubbing it with his thumb. He kisses my knuckles.

I stare at him sleepily as I speak, "What time is it?"

"5 AM"

I stare at him scrunching my face. Did he just say five am? Who goes out at 5 am? I used to wake up sometimes around that time but since I got here I can't wake up before seven. I have gotten lazy with no work and responsibilities.

"Who goes out this early?"

"We," he says playing with my hands, "We are going to go out."

"I don't want to go." I would rather sleep. I know I said I'm bored but sleep seems to love me a lot and I don't want to leave its comfort.

"Trust me you will love it." He assured confidently. Not a single doubt in his voice.

"Cant we go after a while?"

"No, we will miss it." Is he going to drop me off at the airport because he is finally getting tired of me? "I'll come after 10 minutes. Be ready. We will be walking so wear something comfy." Well, it cant be the airport if we are walking.