Chapter36

A deep emptiness.

That's what I see looking at my reflection

There is no excitement or anything else. It's as if I'm waiting for the day to just pass by. What do I have to look forward to after all? What? My mom used to look forward to my father coming home. Us coming back from school. But for me? What do I have? The thing that I used to look forward to was getting out of the shell surrounded me. To be free. Find something that would excite me.

Looking forward to it led me here.

Mom, Ryan, and Bri left two days ago and it's been five days since the wedding. I have an interview after an hour for a job. I'm not even sure I want to work in an office. I had finally settled on Smiths Enterprise due to the friendly nature of Sophia but going through the same thing again; the thought is not pleasing. However, what choice do I have?

Smoothing the skirt and blouse I walk downstairs. Chattering coming from the kitchen could be heard but I'm far from hungry. If I was the old me I would probably be nervous. So nervous. I don't care anymore. What would the boss do? Not hire me? That's all he can do. Nothing more. Besides, there would be other companies.

This was a change.

I remember when I applied to Mr. Smiths Company, I had prayed that I would get the job. It was the only place I had applied for and luckily I had got hired. The change now is I don't care how many interviews I would have to go through again. 

Let me just lay on the ground and look at the sky.

The clicking of heels is heard on the marvel floor. Rose who is sorting out the cushions on the sofa turns her head to me. I give her a smile which she returns and move outside the front door. Why is this land so big? It takes me minutes to get in front of the gate. And since I don't have a car given I sold it I would have to take a taxi which is not available nearby. So, I booked a car online for the day. I'm going to look for another car after the interview to buy. The booked car is waiting for me outside the gate.

The men at the front gate stand in front of me just when I am about to open it.

He said I could go anywhere so, what was this about?

"Mrs. Romano you can't leave the estate."

I take a step back and glare at both of them. Taking a deep breath I take to put my phone such that I wouldn't spoil my mood. They are just following the orders.

Since the moment he left that night, he has not returned.

"Arosio." I speak on the phone the moment he picks up, "Your men are not letting me get out of the house. You had promised me I could do anything so, what is this?

"Ah." He says, "And here I thought you missed me. Where are you going?"

"It is not your business. Just tell your men to let me out." I glower and the men in the gate become statues again. Why are they so stiff?

"If you want to, say it." He is always doing this. Asking me to give him something if I needed something from him.

"I have a job interview in an hour."

"Dorian will take you." Just then a car comes beside me and Dorian pulls down the window. Arosio already knew the moment I had got out of the front door.

"I want to go myself," I speak. I don't like this feeling. Being dependent on someone. Especially when they don't mean much to me.

"He will explain everything to you. It's just for the day Roselyn he won't drop you off at work every day."

"Fine but tell your men to stop restricting me from going out from tomorrow."

"How are you?" He asks while Dorian is giving me a smirk. If I didn't like him I would have already lashed out at him. He always comes to me whenever he thinks he needs to check on me and then he annoys me to death.