Chapter 15

Another week has passed and I haven't seen her face once. Yes, I sneak up late at night just to look at her face, but it's not the same when she doesn't even look at me. I know she wasn't asleep every time I went to see her; she was just pretending.

Every time I went into her room, I know she was aware of my presence because I saw how her breathing changed.

When she slept in my bed with me that night, I memorized everything about her sleeping form, from her face to the rhythm of her breathing. Everything. And every time I went to see her, everything about her form was different. Her breathing was fast, and her eyelids were trembling, and she clutched the cover to her body in a way as if she were protecting herself.

Does she think that I will hurt her? What should I do to just show her that I would never harm her in any way?

I even went so far as to trace my fingers against her soft skin, but the only reaction I got was her heavy breathing. I did it because I wanted her to see me, speak to me even if it is out of anger; I wouldn't mind if she yelled at me. But the fact that she would rather pretend that she didn't feel my presence makes me so angry and frustrated.

Some nights, all I wanted was to force her to look at me and say anything, anything at all, but I refrained from doing so.

It's not good for her to stay inside that room every second of the day. She needs to get out of that room and talk to someone. If not to me, then to anyone else. I asked Adriana to talk to her, and she just got angry with me saying she can't face her after everything. That's it; I am heading over to her right now. She has to talk to me no matter what. I'm not going to leave her alone unless she talks to me.

Getting out of my office I walk towards her room. She hates me either way, so, I'm going to her. I gave her enough time to cry. She has to talk to me or at the very least get out of the room.

I was about to knock on the door when I hear her speak. The door is slightly ajar.

"But I don't want to go out," She says, and just hearing her voice relaxes me. I have been dying to hear her voice for what felt like forever. Who is she talking to?

"No, you have to. We will go for a walk in the garden," Adriana's voice rings out, finally, she talked to her; I know Adriana cares about her but it took her too long, "Take in the fresh air. Please."

"But-" Roselyn was about to argue when Adriana cuts her off.

"I am not taking any excuses. You have to get out of this room. You are worrying me. Please. I don't want to see you sad and you claimed to be my friend and friends listen to each other. So get your ass off the bed right now."

There is a silence for few seconds before I hear her voice say, "All right, you can wait downstairs, I will meet you there."

"No, that's not going to work. I am going to wait right now as long as you need to change your clothes and freshen up, but you are leaving this room with me." Adriana says obstinately. I'm sure she is doubting if Roselyn will keep on locking herself in the room. But, at least, she talked. That's good enough for now.

I hear some shuffling, "Alright I will just change and come." Relief flows through my body. She is going to get out of the room.

I get away from the door and walk downstairs. She might change her mind if she sees me.

But tonight I'm not going to let her go easily. I'm going to make her spend time with me, and I know exactly what I'm going to do.

 I'm going to make her spend time with me, and I know exactly what I'm going to do