Chapter26

I spent the past two days with Brielle. We didn't leave the apartment once, and luckily we found another apartment just two hours away from this one online. But we need to leave tomorrow to pick up my belongings from my old apartment. If it were up to me, I wouldn't go to that place but I have some things that are dear to me like the locket that dad had given me. And I also need my car.

"Roselyn," Brielle says as I pack a pair of clothes-one for her and one for me.

"Huh?" I raise my head to notice her looking at the mirror trying to sort out the nest on her hair. As she had promised she barely left bed for the past two days, didn't bother combing her hair or anything else.

"When we go there we need to meet Sophia as well. She was worried about you too." She says and groans after throwing the hairbrush on the floor. She stumps her foot and I have to control myself to not laugh. She sighs and picks up the brush again.

"You called my workplace?" I ask zipping the bag. I move towards her and take the brush from her hand.

"Uh-huh."

"I called Sophia every day hoping to get any information about you since you were you know?" She says. We have avoided talking about the matter. It reminded me of him and I didn't want to think about him once. It just annoyed me.

"So what are we going to do now? You said you left your job a week ago?" I ask. I can't believe she left her job. It's like she wanted to become a mystery. Leave job and apartment and get lost from the face of the earth.

"Let's marry and settle down," She jokes as I try my hardest to detangle her hair. My arms are hurting.

"Sure. You're in love with me." I remark.

"I am." She laughs throwing her head back and I smack her head. It's already hard enough to comb her hair and she is making it more difficult by moving. "You want to go away for few days?" She asks.

"Where?" I give up and hand her the brush. How did she manage to get her hair that way since her hair is silky?

"Don't know." She says and then pauses. She stands up and takes her phone from the nightstand as if she just remember something, "Oh my God!" She exclaims.

"What happened?" I panic.

She glances at me and shows me her teeth awkwardly, "Nothing. I just realized it's been long since I saw you." Liar.

"You're lying."

"I'm not. There's nothing."

Before I can speak the bell rings.

"Must be pizza." She says nervously as she starts to back out of the room. Pizza saved her.

"Wait." I call after her and grab her arm before she can open the door, "Look through the peephole first and don't open the door fully."

"I know Rose, you've said this to me like thousand times."

I run to the kitchen and grab the knife just in case. Brielle enters the kitchen and takes in my stance.

"It's ok. It was just the delivery guy." She assures and I put the knife down. I go out and check the door if it's locked or not, "Let's go somewhere before we start working. I want to apply for a new interior design company." She says continuing the conversation where we had left.

"It's so good," I comment after swallowing the pizza.

"Yes, it is" She agrees.

"I forgot to ask you. What about that guy you were with when I had just moved?" 

"He was nice but there was no connection so, we had a mutual breakup." She says shrugging her shoulders.

She takes my hand when I was about to take the slice of pizza, "This bracelet looks expensive."