Chapter35

I had assumed that the last time we flew to his hotel would be my last time on a private jet. How could I have been so wrong, now that I'm in the jet flying back to his house? Arosio has impressed my mother so much in the last two days that she and he are talking even now. Ryan likes him as well, though he kept asking if this was really what I wanted. Ryan is conversing with Dorian, while Brielle and Adriana are talking.

And me? I'm questioning everything that happened ever since I met him. I had diverted my attention yesterday by looking for jobs in companies in the city near his estate, as he happens to live in an area where no companies are nearby. I wanted to open a café and run it with Brielle but now I just don't know what to do.

I feel a presence at the seat beside me and open my eyes. Looking to my right I see Meryl. She woke up then. She was sleeping feeling tired till now.

My eyes went down to her stomach where I could see a tiny bump. She is pregnant and that's why she is finally moving with Dorian.

"How far along are you?" I ask and she runs her hand on her stomach.

"Three months." No wonder Dorian was mad at her. She is three months pregnant but never called and told him until now. He is also very happy and extremely protective.

"Can I?" I say with hesitance and she nods her head.

Gently I place my hand on her stomach and feel the bump. The baby must be so small right now. Her stomach is so warm.

"Do you know the gender?" I probe and she shakes her head.

"I want it to be a surprise and I hope he or she has his eyes." Dorian has hazel eyes while Meryl has green ones.

"What do you think it would be?" I have a feeling it would be a girl.

"I don't know but I have a feeling it would be a boy." She says happily. I could almost imagine mini Dorian giving him trouble. "I can't wait to meet him."

Me neither. It is only today I found out about her pregnancy and I already felt attached to the small bundle of joy forming in her womb.

A lie. That's what it would be if I say I didn't feel anything seeing Dorian and Meryl so in love. I wish I was in love that way with the person I am going to marry but not everybody can get love, can they? Every day I get love from my friends and family. Maybe I was not meant to get the romantic kind of one.

I look around and my eyes land on him. He is looking at something that mom is showing on her phone. I hope it is not my photos from childhood. I was not a pretty child. Too mischievous, never understood how I ended up being this way when my dad used to call his 'little troublemaker'.

After landing, we get into the car and drive down the familiar road. The same road I had tried to run from, the same road from where he carried me back to his house. The same road he drove on, on his way out to dinner, and now the same road that will take me back to his house for the rest of my life.

The cars pull inside the estate and I move outside looking around the surrounding. I couldn't even have the chance to be away from this place for three weeks. Everyone else moves towards the front door as I stay on the same ground frozen. Now, seeing this place makes me want to cry since this is proof that all of this is real. A proof that I have no other choice.

What if there is a way and I'm just not seeing it? But what? I ask myself every second.

Mom and Ryan must think I'm so in love that they don't even bother checking on me. As if giving me and his privacy. A finger snaps in front of me and I jump. His face comes before me.

"Do you plan on staying here all evening?" He asks.

"Don't do this, Arosio." I plead again but run towards the house before he can speak because I know what would be his answer. I'm stopped in front of the front door by a head colliding with my calves. I look down to see Kai. His tongue is dangling out from his mouth and he looks up at me. Leaning a bit I run my hand on his fur and he closes his eyes. I had missed him.