Chapter20

How long will this dinner take? They have been gone for over an hour. I am starting to think he ate her. I had come along with the security just to make sure none of our enemies are here, because no matter what, I know he deserves to spend some time alone with her in peace. He has been alone for far too long.

And now that he finally has her after waiting for her for years, I'm sure he won't be letting her go. Ever. I'm keeping an eye on everyone who walks into the restaurant to see if anyone looks suspicious. You never know when one of us will be attacked.

The rush of guilt that I had felt when I saw her cry her eyes out had been on a whole new level. She looked at me with hopeful eyes thinking I would help her escape from here. But I couldn't do that. Not when I'm loyal to Arosio and he has spent so much time longing for her. I'd seen him looking at her photos for years, waiting to hold her. But I didn't say anything because I knew better than to say anything to him.

I knew I would feel this guilt even before Arosio took her because every time she and the other two girls spend time with Meryl, I had certainly come to know she is one sensitive person who barely had any knowledge of the outside world. She had moved to a new location in an attempt to break free from the shell that had surrounded her entire life, only to be kidnapped by Arosio.

But I'm sure she'd fall for him. She has to do it for her own sake as well as mine no matter what. Arosio will not let her go, and if she does not fall for him, she will be upset and miserable, which will make me feel even more guilty.

I can't believe guilt is something that can eat me up when I work with Arosio. We are not nice men. We have done terrible things without a second thought. But then I fell in love with Meryl, and she threw my life into disarray with all of these emotions. Even now I still do the same things that I used to do before. The only difference is I have grown to care about more people.

I've always been loyal to this mafia. I'd give my life for Arosio. But I've started to care about more people than I should.

Roselyn seems like a little sister that I never had. And Arosio loves her which means I will protect her with everything that I have. The fucker will most likely go insane without her. At first, I thought it was an obsession to have her but now I know it's more than that. I became clear about it when he nearly killed one of the waiters when he had given his drink with no ice. That had happened at the time when she had locked herself in the room.

I see them leave the restaurant just in time. She has her hands in his arms, and Arosio looks like he has won the lottery of life.  As they get closer I notice that Roselyn looks slightly sunken. Maybe it's just my eyes. He nods through the front glass even though he can't see me through the reflective glass.

They both get into the car in front of us, and we follow them. I close my eyes and lean back in my seat. Everything went fine. Nothing happened. Only a few minutes later did I realize I had spoken too soon.

The driver abruptly stops the speeding car, causing my body to jerk forward. I glare at him and yell at him as to why he would stop the car all of a sudden.

He motions in front of us and I see Roselyn get out of the car. Why is she outside the car?

I see her lean down, her body looks sick even in the darkness. Arosio is immediately next to her, and I see her vomit.

I get out of the car and walk over to them.

"Dorian!" Arosio screams as he sees me.

She leans her weight on Arosio's body as he examines her face.  He wipes the drool from her mouth with his hand, and her eyes are closed. Even though it's night I can see her face clearly due to the headlights of the car. She looks so sick. Sweats are dampening her skin as her hair clings to the skin on her forehead, and I can see drops of tears welling up at the inner corner of her eyes.