Chapter30

"Why did he take you?" The girl asks. She is so annoying. I have been keeping my mouth shut thinking about all the possibilities that could go wrong. Or why that man didn't do anything to me but the girl has been giving me headaches by asking why he took me or what my job is. It's as ifshe thinks the man said, 'I'm taking you with me because....' And took me. She is either dumb or just trying to get on my nerves.

"Why don't you ask him? He is the one who took me." He had intended to take Roselyn, however. I'm relieved she's safe, but at the same time, I'm worried about myself. In a heartbeat, the man blew up the brains of two men in front of my eyes. Not to mention that they were his man, whereas I was nobody. For all I know, he could bury me alive. The way he looked at me gave me chills, and the way he spoke made me wonder if he was psychotic.

"Oh so, she speaks." She laughs. Yes, I do but I wish you didn't.

"Why are you so maddening? Don't you have a job to do?" I say and she tilts her head smiling at me. She is his girlfriend. Of course, she would be like him. She finds my annoyance fascinating.

"Nope." Gosh, her voice is irritating, "But keep in mind that he is mine." She says seriously making me wonder if she has lost her mind. Why would I want him? 

"I have no intention of staying here. I'll get out the first chance I get." She scoffs not believing my words, "Keep him all to yourself. He might be generous enough to give you some respect if you weren't so talkative." I say as a matter of fact. The way he called her was as if he was calling his pet.

While I am zoning out, she begins to talk about how they met and how strong their relationship is. I can't believe I underestimated whatever was going on. I shouldn't have gone out alone, but I'm glad I did because Roselyn is safe. 

What in the world do these people eat?  The guy had knocked on the window and when I didn't open it to try to start the car he broke the glass with his hand. Before I could comprehend what was going on I was thrown into another car as if I was not a human. 

I stayed quiet while I watched through the rearview to see Roselyn running after the car for her safety and here I am in an unknown place with criminals not knowing what I should do. There are no tears in my eyes, not once did I cry. It's either shock or I am brave. I think it's the first one. This man is not the same man who took Rose since as said by her he had green eyes while the man has icy grey eyes. And he kept on saying 'I told you to bring his girl' which indicates this man is Arosio's enemy who wanted to use Roselyn as leverage. Arosio might have saved Rose but who is going to save me?

I hate this Arosio. It's all because of him. He sounds crazy as well to me. I wonder what was even on his mind while taking a girl from her life as if it was a daily chore. I had suggested we call the police and tell them everything but Roselyn denied it. Nobody stopped him in the airport security or anywhere else so what would the cop do? She had said. Sometimes I feel as if I'm hallucinating. How in the world these people even came across us?

I was too shocked to say anything because the man murdered two people as if they were nothing, but the shock has worn off and fear has returned. I'm at a loss for words. The only thing keeping me from yelling is the realization that all of this was not for naught because she is safe.

The guy said to keep me here until he leaves. My heart beats like crazy when one possibility pops into my head. What if he sells me somewhere? 

I look around the room to see nothing. Not a single thing that I could use for my safety unless it's her makeup that's everywhere on the table.

"Where is the washroom?" I ask the girl and she stops talking. Was she still talking all this time? It's as if she finally has someone to talk to and she can't help herself.