Chapter 50

A month later.

Do you?

I do.

I love him.

I love Arosio.

The answer is clear in my face as I look in the mirror.

If it weren't clear in my face, it is clear inside me.

In my heart.

Where Arosio Romano is there.

I turn around when Arosio steps out of the closet. He is wearing sweats and a white t-shirt. He is not going anywhere today for whatever work he does.

I'm already dressed too in comfortable pants and a shirt, my hair up in a ponytail, making sure I wouldn't get too hot with the activity we had planned for today. If I were to leave my hair free I would be showering in sweat all over my neck and chest. I did cut my hair a little last week but it's still not of the length which one would refer to as short.

People might not even notice that my hair is of shorter length than before. However, he did. He noticed it. He didn't even need to see my hair with his eyes to notice that. We were kissing in the morning after he got ready while he was playing with my hair-both of our eyes closed. When the kiss was broken he spoke 'You cut your hair.'

"Are you ready?" I ask, excited.

He forwards, his hands already moving to hold me before he has even reached me. His hands showed his heart's desire without him having to say anything.

"Someone looks excited." He tells me after a kiss-a kiss that was full but urgent-as if he had missed me when he was in the closet for few minutes, "But you cannot quit before we reach the place." He gives me another chance to refuse to go. Last night Kai had run into our room and refused to leave.

Arosio had said he would take Kai for a walk back towards the same forest where he had found him. And I asked him if I could join and he agreed without a question.

And why had he just given me a chance to say no when I know how he gets when he knows we would be spending time alone. If I were to say I won't go, he is going to try to persuade me to go because, by now, he has already seen us spend the time together alone.

"I won't." I speak, raising my head in a vigorous manner. He chuckles seeing what I was trying to do by holding my head high. He tugs on my chin, making me arch my neck as if pondering why I would want to do that.

"We will see," he challenges, "But then if you do decide to quit I'm not carrying you." He warns.

"As if you will have a choice. Will you leave me in the middle of the forest?" I ask. He won't do that. He wouldn't allow me to go alone even when the walk is just a minute away from the house, so he should know better, because, I wouldn't ever believe he would leave me somewhere alone especially if the place is unknown.

"I might." He jokes, pushing the small strand of hair that was falling below my temples. I didn't know it was until he pushed it away.

"Fine. Go ahead." I push him and take sidewise steps, while he stays in the same place, "I'm sure I'll find someone there who would carry me beside you. We may even-"

"Do not complete those words tesoro. It might not be for the best." His voice is already serious. Arosio can never take a joke where I mention some other man.

"Fall." He takes a step forward while I take two steps back. Another two while he stays in the same place. He is waiting with so much patient, warning me to not provoke him. His face, now, is partially clear since half of the curtains of the room are closed.