Chapter 47

"It's alright il mio tesoro. Tell me what happened?" His voice vibrates against my ear that is pressed on his chest.

"Arosio I'm sorry," I say, tightening my hold as the fear that he might push me away or be angry at me takes over. I don't want either of those things to happen.

Trust for trust.

That's how things should work.

But I?

I gave him betrayal for trust.

He didn't think once before signing the papers.

He should have, but he didn't.

"What are you sorry for?" Arosio says and I find myself dissolving against him but this is not the time. I need to tell him everything and save Brielle before anything could go wrong.

I pull away from him and look up with my tear-stained face. I must look horrible. The way he looks at me didn't change. It was the same as how he used to every day. I get more afraid thinking if this would change after he finds the truth. He can even send me to prison for this. Probably a life sentence, even, since he can use his power. This is a crime.

"I'm sorry Arosio. I lied to you last night. Those papers weren't for me." He urges me to sit down but I don't, "A woman had come to the café a few days ago before we closed and she gave me those papers. She asked me to get your signatures in them." I reveal it to him.

"And you just listened to her?" He asks.

I shake my head, "I read the papers yesterday. These are papers for your wealth. You might already know him. The person behind the woman is Antonio. And the papers state that after you sign these, everything would go to him." I explain to him.

Not a hint of surprise is there on his face. He doesn't react, scaring me further. He should be reacting.

"I'm sorry Arosio. Please forgive me. But I didn't know what to do. I didn't see any other way. I beg for your forgiveness. Don't be angry with me or send me to prison. I would take any kind of punishment. Please A-"

"Shhhh......." He shushes me and I stop rambling, waiting for his words. I am praying he wouldn't see me any differently than the way he had.

He takes a long time to respond making me cry more. The little bit of improvement we had is gone. I'll always be burdened by this guilt that I had tried to trick someone for my reasons. However, my best friend, Brielle. I needed her to be safe.

"Please," I plead him. He kisses me but I don't respond. I need him to speak not kiss me.

Words.

He puts his hand on my shoulder, asking me to sit on the chair and I do as he says while he sits in front of me. My forearm rests on the table as its coolness travels to my skin.

"I know," Arosio says looking normal.

"What do you know?"

"I know you lied Roselyn." This doesn't make any sense. He knew? How could he know when he hadn't even read the papers?

"You knew the papers were not mine?" He nods.

"Then why did you sign them?" I ask, not being able to connect the dots in my head.

"Sam and Diego had told me about you acting different the same night you had a bruise on your hand. I heard every one of their words so, I checked your purse." He says, picking the file from the floor and placing it on the table. A small file could do so much. Just some papers could destroy everything at once.

"You had read the papers even before me?" I question, his face is thoughtfully looking. The lights in the room are not bright, rather something mixed with red or something like that and his eyes don't look clear green due to it.