Chapter 5

I'm at the airport, waiting for my flight to be announced. I decided to pay a visit to Brielle after returning home yesterday, before starting to work somewhere else. I miss her a lot. It wouldn't hurt to take a short vacation; and besides, Ryan sends me some money every month, and with the paycheck, I received from working with Mr. Smith, I will go for a few months without any worries, which will give me enough time to find another job.

Sophia cried yesterday when I told her I was leaving, but I reassured her that nothing would change between us and that we would always be friends. I had no idea we had become so fond of each other in such a short period of time. And talking about Matt, he has treated me like a little sister from the first day we met. I'm going to miss them terribly. I scold myself to stop thinking about them as I can almost feel tears in my eyes.

Focus on happy thoughts Rose, maybe it's for the best. At least you won't have to deal with Arosio anymore and you can work in a better place or just open your café with some help from Ryan.

Just 20 minutes more. I can't wait to meet my best friend and the guy she's dating currently, James. He seems to be a good guy based on the pictures she sent me of them together last night. I hope he doesn't hurt her in any way; Brielle is protective of me, perhaps more than I am of her if that's even possible, and I would hate to see her hurt.

Somebody taps on my shoulder, when I turn around there is a girl. She had brown hair with honey color eyes, she must be around my age. She was holding a small puppy wrapped in a blanket.

"Yes?" I question her with a small smile.

"Can you please hold Elvis while I use the restroom? I don't want to leave him alone, and I don't have anyone I know with me." She must be one of those people who treat their pet as their child. My parents never allowed me to have a pet, and the idea of having a pet while still in college was out of the picture.

I still have 15 minutes before my flight is announced.

"Sure," I said softly.

"Thank you. You can wait outside the washroom. I will be quick." I quietly follow her, dragging my small suitcase, I didn't pack a lot as I planned on staying for 5 days most.

She gently gives me the puppy when we reach the restroom door and goes inside. I am standing outside the door with my back facing away from it. The little puppy is adorable with his gold fur and big brown eyes. I wonder why he is not wanting to get out of my hold, he must be tired. He just quietly lays in my arms.

I'm admiring the little pup in my arms when I feel a sharp pain in my neck. I nearly dropped Elvis, but the girl from before is in front of me, taking him in her arms. What the hell? What is going on? I try to walk when my head starts to feel heavy and before I can even lift one foot the floor is coming towards the side of my face but I feel someone grab my arm preventing the impact. I see the darkness overtake my vision, and I'm gone.

-

I wake up with pain in my head, what is going on? I don't remember drinking. I shift in my bed, why does my bed feel so different? I slowly open my eyes while lifting my body up, only to be met with an unfamiliar room with dim lighting. The room is almost as big as my bedroom. Where am I?

I try to recall what happened. Wait, I was in the airport....a girl with a little puppy....pain in my neck....and then everything went black. Did the girl take me home because I passed out? Or was I drugged? I hope the latter didn't happen.

I look down, I see that I am still dressed in my same clothes. I breathe a sigh of relief. How long has it been since I passed out? Just then, someone walks in through the door, and it's not the girl from before, but rather a familiar face. I know it's him despite the lights being dim.