Chapter 2 - Mrs. Midoriya's Heritage

At the Midoriya Residence.

13th July 3106.

<Inko's POV>

With 2 days left to Izuku's birthday, I was rather packed with getting the house ready for the party. And today was the day that Mr. Yagi was supposed to visit. And as I wait for Mr. Yagi, I decided to start preparing dinner for me and Izuku, it was almost time for dinner. It's katsudon, again. The boy really needs to learn to have a balanced diet all he ever wants to eat is katsudon. I mean not that I mind making him the dish but it's literally the only thing he ever eats. Maybe Mr. Yagi can help with that.

Time passes by quickly while I'm in the kitchen. I casually look up to see the clock and realize it's 4:55 and I have 5 minutes before Mr. Yagi arrives and about an hour before Mitsuki drops by to 'return' Izuku to me. The kid wants to play with Katsuki all day not that I mind it, but I sometimes feel he is a bad influence on him. 

That 'brat' as my friend likes to put it, has developed a habit of cussing, he probably picked it up from his mother. Mitsuki has toned down a bit since our high school days but Katsuki tends to drive her mad.

I quickly switch off the stove and leave to wash up and change. Just as I walk down the stairs, I hear the bell ring. I walk up to the door thinking I will be greeted by a thin, lanky, frail man but boy was I wrong. I am greeted by a slightly bulky man who has the same cap Mr. Yagi wore yesterday and a blue tracksuit. "Hello, Do I know you?" I asked the man.

There was a poof of smoke, causing me to cough a bit. The smoke cleared to show Mr. Yagi standing there. "Hello, Mrs. Midoriya. Sorry, I'm a bit late, I got caught up at work." He told me.

I'm shocked and immediately start to look around to see if there was someone trying to pull a prank on me. Noticing my hesitation, Mr. Yagi's words interrupted my flow of thoughts.

"It's a part of my quirk. It allows me to increase and decrease my muscle mass and also changes my power output and helps me stay away from the press." He explained.

I did not question it and let him in. I asked him to sit on the living room and offer him some water and then sat such that we are facing each other.

I speak up, "Before I tell you the reason, I called you here, there is something you need to know about me, well not exactly me but my mother. She was a pro hero who died in a fight when I was pretty young, about 20ish years ago. The reason I'm telling you this is because when I was 10 just before my mother put my brother and me up for adoption to keep us out of harms way. Before that, whenever she had free time to talk to us, she'd tell us about this young man who had the heart of a hero and how he wants to work to put smiles on the faces of the people. She took the man under her wing and began to train him for the future. I never met the man but Mother told us that his last name was Yagi, but I can't remember his first name at all."

Mr. Yagi who was slightly shocked by the story then speaks up, "I can understand that you think I would be that man since we have the same name though I'm not sure if I am the man you are looking for Mrs. Midoriya. Though I must ask what your mother's hero name was?"

"My mother's hero name was Paragon"

(A/N: Since Nana Shimura's hero name has not been revealed yet I'm going with paragon since I've seen many stories where the name is used and I can't think of a name as good as that one so if I'm copying someone's idea I'm sorry!)

Hearing the name Mr. Yagi is visibly shook and is extremely silent, it's as if the name kind of broke him somehow.

"Mr. Yagi? Are you okay?" I called him.

I try to get him back to sense by repeatedly calling out his name. after a good 5 minutes of me calling out his name he snaps back to reality.

<Yagi's POV>

She's the daughter that Master and Gran Torino would talk about. I'm not sure how to feel right now. On one hand I feel happy that I met my master's family and will now be able to do something to repay what she did for me and I should probably tell her about the quirk because I feel she deserves to know. On the other hand, I feel that telling her about the quirk will only endanger her and her son more.

I hear Mrs. Midoriya call out my name. I decided then and there to tell her the truth, well not all of it but partially leaving out parts about my quirk and that bastard of a villain who has been the bane of all the users of the quirk.

I then respond to her calling my name to prevent her from worrying her anymore, "Oh sorry Mrs. Midoriya I kind of zoned out there. So, I'm expecting you thought I was the same Yagi your mother told you, about right?"

"Yes, I was hoping that you would at least know someone in your family who knew my mother if the person was not you." She told me.

"Well Mrs. Midoriya you are not entirely wrong; I do know someone who knew the pro hero Paragon." I say as I beat around the bush.

That single sentence made Mrs. Midoriya's face light up brighter that a 1000-watt bulb and that was downplaying the brightness.

"If you don't mind could you ask that person to meet me, I really want to know about what actually happened the day my mother died since the story they put up on the news was riddled with loopholes."

"Why yes I can do that, I'll call him right now and ask him to come here right now if that's not a problem for you. Though he might not agree to it immediately since he is rather skeptical of people unknown to him." I told her.

Mrs. Midoriya thinks for a minute and then asks me to call the 'person' to her house.

I pull my phone out, flip it open and call my friend. I ask him to come to the Midoriya household along with the old man. I keep my phone back in my pocket and let Mrs. Midoriya know that there will be 2 people arriving in about 15 or so minutes.

She then pushes the tray with some snacks towards me motioning me to taste them. We spend the next few minutes talking about Izuku and a few other topics. She shows me Izuku's 'hero analysis for the future' notebook that he started maintaining a few months earlier. 

It's just him drawing all over the book in crayons, I mean he is just 4 (in 2 days but who's counting right). We lost track of time while talking about the kid and are broken out of our flow by the sound of the bell.