Chapter 59 - Event 1: Obstacle Race

"Nice speech nerd, bet I could have done better." Katsuki whispered.

"And say what, 'I'm gonna win this'?" Izuku retorted.

"Alright, folk, the first event for this year is.........." Midnight said, as a digital wheel started to rotate.

"An Obstacle Race!!!!!!!" Midnight announced, once the wheel stopped spinning. "Classes 1-A through H, please make your way to the waiting room. The race will start in 15 minutes."

The students made their way to the waiting room and were standing or sitting in groups, talking to each other.

"So, Kaachan what's your plan for the race?" Izuku asked Katsuki.

"Blast through the door, most of the extras have already gotten Soru down so they're probably going to use it to try and get ahead. Icy-Hot and Racoon-Eyes will probably use their quirks to slide their way through so... Why am I telling you this!!" Katsuki shouted. "My plan is my plan; I'm not sharing it with you."

"Sure." Izuku sighed. "Keep your plans to yourself."

"What are you going to do, Izu?" Ochako asked him.

"Up that wall and through the wall above the entrance." Izuku told her. "Then, it's up to the course. It changes every year so there's no predicting it."

"Why waste energy going up that wall?" Ochako asked him, trying to think of an explanation herself.

"You'll see. If my theory is correct that this waiting room is our first obstacle." Izuku told her.

"The door's too small and there are too many people in the room, it's going to be a mess. So, unless you're up in the front, you'll be at a disadvantage. That is unless you can find a way around it." Katsuki explained.

"Ocha, Kaachan, wanna scare the others a bit?" Izuku asked them, rubbing his hands together like a maniac.

"Sure, less competition for us." Katsuki agreed.

"Okay, then let's break down the entrance wall." Izuku suggested.

A few minutes later.

"ALRIGHT, FIRST YEARS!!!!! WHO'S READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!" Mic shouted over the speakers. "OBSTACLE RACE STARTS IN 3......... 2....... 1......." There was a loud horn that blared, as the entrance to the race was opened.

"Look at the mess down there, everyone's trying to get out." Mic shouted. "But looks like some of class A's students have other plans."

At the waiting room, Izuku could be seen jumping up in the air, closely followed by Ochako, Katsuki, Sai, Momo and Kendo.

"Tempest Kick!" A strong gust of wind was felt as 5 air waves made contact with the entrance wall, breaking it down to pieces.

"Looks like they solved the problem of the small entrance." Mic announced. "What was that trick, Eraser?"

"Tempest Kick." Aizawa answered. "It's just one of the things the students of class A have under their belt."

"Would you look at that, Eraser taught his class extra moves." Mic shouted.

"I didn't teach them that, it's all their efforts and some help from their classmates." Aizawa clarified. "All of that is their effort, I didn't do much."

"You heard it folks, Eraser has done nothing for his class!" Mic announced.

"Shut up, Mic." Aizawa told him.