Chapter 37.5 - Quirkless Battle Royale Semi-finals

The next day.

Izuku, Katsuki, Shoto, Monoma, Toru, and Hitoshi walk up to the arena, and walk off to opposites ends with 3 on each side. On the left, we have Izuku, Katsuki, and Hitoshi and on the right, we have Shoto, Toru, and Monoma.

"ALRIGHT FOLKS, THE FIRST MATCH FOR TODAY IS Izuku Yagi versus Todoroki Shoto!!!!!!!" Mic announced as the two contestants came forward.

The first match was Izuku against Todoroki.

"So, Todoroki you were rather ruthless against Asui yesterday, it wouldn't have anything to do with the way Mic's introduced you, would it?" Izuku asked only to get silence for an answer.

"You know, you remind me of Red from the Second Gen Games of Pokémon, silent and extremely violent." Izuku said. "I mean that Pikachu of his was at times impossible to beat."

Todoroki looked at the boy in confusion. "And I realize that this reference of mine probably went over your head. Well, no point in wasting time then." Izuku said as he got ready to fight. Todoroki got ready as well, raising his fists in a way that was similar to a boxer's stance.

The two clashed, with Izuku going in for a Kick. Todoroki blocked said with his hand and tried to grab Izuku by his leg and slam him on the ground he almost achieved this when he was able to lift Izuku over his head but in doing so, he left himself open to a kick straight to the head. As Izuku fell, he delivered 3 kicks all aimed at Todoroki's torso, sending the boy skidding back a bit.

Wiping the blood off his lips, Todoroki charged at Izuku once again, this time, however, Izuku waited to the last second to dodge and kneed the bicolor-haired boy in the gut, sending him into a daze. The kicks to his torso had really weakened him and Izuku seemed to have realized this.

"What's wrong with Todoroki?" Asui asked.

"Body shots." Ojiro answered. "Yagi delivered multiple body shots in their previous clash, and a massive headshot as well and those are sort of coming to bit Todoroki in his ass now."

"That doesn't explain why he's in a daze though." Setsuna said.

"Body shots are draining on the target since a greater number of organs are affected compared to a head shot so the target's body takes time to recuperate." Kendo explained.

Back in the fight, Izuku had jumped on the dazed boy and wrapped his hands and legs around Todoroki, and locked him in place. To this, Todoroki retaliated by headbutting Izuku with the back of his head a few times to try and get himself free but all that did was give Izuku a broken nose. Izuku tightened his grip on Todoroki's neck, constricting his respiratory pathway as he tried to get him to tap out.

Izuku won the fight after Todoroki finally tapped out, but it was a close call. After Izuku carried Todoroki back to the med-bots and got the two of them healed while Cementoss fixed the boxing ring. Yes, the fights were in boxing rings, because why not.

The next match was Katsuki vs Hagakure.

Katsuki walked up to the ring ready to face Hagakure. "Just so you know, I don't care if you're a girl, I ain't hold back." He warned her.

"And?" Hagakure exclaimed. "Is that supposed to scare me?"

"No, it was just a warning, just so you know what you're getting into." Katsuki said as he disappeared out of sight, reappearing behind Hagakure and hitting her with a right hook to the head. Toru dodges by ducking under the punch, twisting around, and punching Katsuki in the gut.

Katsuki smirked as he grabbed Toru's arm, tossing her over his shoulder and slamming her into the ground. He twists her hand and pins her down.

"That was smart, getting me to talk to give away my position." Toru said as she struggled to get up. "But that won't help you." She exclaimed as she gets out of Katsuki's hold, reversing it and pinning Katsuki to the ground.

Toru started to repeatedly punch Katsuki in the face as she held him in place with her legs. Getting hit by the first few punches, Katsuki noticed a pattern in the punches and moved his head to avoid them.

With the punches taking their toll of both Katsuki and Toru, Katsuki made a rather risky move to try and reverse the position he was in. it was by pure luck that he was able to execute the move because failing to do so would have dislocated his shoulder.

Having finally pinned Toru down, Katsuki delivers a chop to the back of the girl's neck, knocking her out.

"Alright folks, looks like we have our winner! Katsuki Bakugou of class 1-A wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Mic announced as the crowd cheered. "The final fight for the semi-finals, we have from class 1-B, Neito Monoma going up against Hitoshi Shinso of class 1-C!!!! Contestants, please make your way to the arena!"

"Match begin!" Cementoss exclaims as Monoma immediately dashes towards Shinso with a right hook.

Shinso blocks the punch and tries to counter but Monoma grabs Shinso's arm and dislocated his left shoulder with a quick strike.

Shinso shouts in pain, holding his arm.

"You can't even take some pain." Monoma scoffs. "Pathetic."

Shinso tried to hit Monoma with a palm thrust, but that attack gets dodged with Monoma striking Shinso's left shoulder and dislocating it as well. Shinso cries out in pain once again.

"This feels like a massacre." Mina said, covering her eyes.

"Just goes to show the difference in power between the two." Izuku comments. "Shinso is strong, but Monoma seems to be stronger and also has some knowledge about pressure points since he's able to dislocate the shoulders with that ease."

Back in the fight, Monoma kept dodging Shinso's attempts to kick him. Enraged by the fact that he hadn't been able to land a single hit, Shinso charges head-on.

"Bad move." Katsuki comments.

Monoma smirks as he dodges Shinso's attack, jumps over him, and kicks him in the back.

"Stay down." Monoma tells Shinso who tries to get up. "I don't want to hurt you more than necessary, not that I mind it."

Not paying attention to Monoma's words, Shinso is able to get up and turns to face Monoma.

"You've dug your own grave here." Monoma tells him. "Don't blame me for what happens next."

Monoma disappears from Shinso's sight, appearing right in front of the boy, and knees him right in the chin, sending him stumbling backward.

Before Shinso is able to get his bearing, Monoma appears in front of him and sweep kicks Shinso, making the boy fall on his back. Shinso groans in pain as Monoma delivers one final kick, sending him out of the ring.

"What a brutal fight!" Mic announces. "With Shinso's knockout, we have our third and final contestant for the final match, Neito Monoma!!!"

"The final match shall be held in some time; the participants can use this time to get themselves ready for the final match." Cementoss announced as Katsuki and Izuku walked from the stands to the waiting areas they were assigned.