Chapter 8 - Classroom Bullies

21st July 3106, Saturday.

<Izuku's POV>

Yesterday was the best day ever, I was at UA and I got to meet sooooo many heroes!!!!!! I also got to know I have a fire-based quirk. It was hard to go to sleep at night, mom said it was because I had l already slept while we traveled. But for some reason, I didn't feel tired at all.

Today was a holiday from school, so I was going to the park to play with Kaachan and the others. I couldn't wait to tell them about my quirk. Kaachan already got his a few months ago, it allowed him to make sparkles from his hands. They were like mini fireworks.

The park isn't that far from my house, so mom let me go alone and told me to return before it was dark. Once I reach the park, I greeted everyone and Kaachan asked me about my quirk.

"Oi, Izuku, what's your quirk? I heard from my old hag that you went to a doctor yesterday." He asked me.

"Not just any doctor Kaachan, we were able to get an appointment with Recovery Girl. At UA!!!!!" I told him. "And my quirk is called blaze. I can manipulate fire and I can breathe fire from my mouth."

[Tsubasa is on the left and Gomu on the right

[Tsubasa is on the left and Gomu on the right.]

"So, what's the hold-up, show us." Tsubasa told me.

"I-I c-cant. R-Recovery G-Girl told me it would take 2 more weeks to manifest." I explained.

"Liar, you're probably just a quirkless freak." He shouted. "We don't play with freaks!"

I didn't like it at all and began to tear up, Kaachan noticed this and walks up to the 2 'extras' as he likes to call them, and stood in front of me while letting small explosions out from his hands.

"Shut it extras, if Izuku says that he was going to get a quirk in 2 weeks then you better believe it or you will have hell to pay, understood!" he speaks letting out a slightly larger explosion from his left hand as a means of threatening the 2 bully extras.

He then turns to me, "Icchan let's go, we're playing heroes and this time I'll let you be the hero, but this is a one-time deal alright." I nod while wiping away the tears and we start our game, with the others, excluding the 2 bullies, Kaachan didn't let them play with us as a way of punishing them.

3rd August 3106, Friday. At Izuku's Preschool

It's been 2 weeks since we went to Recovery Girl and that incident at the park. It has been peaceful, and my quirk still shows no signs of manifesting any time soon. The 2 bullies, who I later learnt were Gomu Nobasu and Tobu Tsubasa, often cornered me when Kaachan wasn't around, it had gotten a bit worse. I didn't pay any attention to it cuz mom and Uncle Toshi told me not to worry and to always keep smiling.

We were in the middle of my art class when my throat started to itch, I drank some water, but the itch didn't settle down. A few minutes later I started coughing, the teacher in the class got a little worried and started to walk to me when I started to cough fire out of my mouth, the fire was green much to everyone's surprise. Most of the class got scared.