Chapter 18 - 6 long years

<Izuku's POV>

'Fire that was the word that could describe the place I was currently standing in. I was surrounded by fire. It was not red or green like I usually spew, it was black. I was standing in a house that was burning to ashes because of black fire. I look around the place I was in an awfully familiar setting. A house in flames. I see 3 silhouettes, 3 familiar silhouettes. Those of Mom, All Might, and All for One.

As I approach my mom all I can hear is "You could have saved me, Izuku." and "You could have prevented this Izuku. It's all your fault."

I take a step back as my mother's words hit me. I accidentally bump into someone and turn around to see who it was.

All Might. No, not All Might, Uncle Toshi.

"I am disappointed in you Izuku, I thought you were the perfect successor for one for all, but how can I give my quirk to someone as weak, as useless, as completely worthless as you. I was wrong. I don't even know what I was thinking when I offered my quirk to you. You couldn't even save your mother; how do you expect to save the people in a battle."

I start tearing up after hearing All Might's words and fall on my knees. Just as I cover my face with my hands and begin to cry, I feel a hand on my shoulder. Turning around, I see him.

He looks at me, through his mask and has a weird smile on his face. "You know Izuku, all of this could be avoided if you had just listed to me that day. Had you just given me your quirk when I asked you to, your mom would be alive, and your hero and uncle All Might would not be hurt at all. The world wouldn't have lost its symbol of peace and everything would be fine. It was all your fault Izuku. All your fault!!" I tried to speak but it felt like something had clamped by vocal cords shut and all I could do was just listen to them shout the same words over and over again, till I somehow lost consciousness.'

.

.

.

I wake up in cold sweat. The only thing that I could think of was what All for One said how everything is my fault. I shake the thought from my head and turn my head to the clock on the nightstand.

4:00 am, Tuesday, 18th March 3120

It's 4 in the morning, dammit I woke up too early again. I suppose I could just get up and go for an early morning run. I get off the bed and walk down to the hall. Secretly hoping not to encounter dad on the way. As walk down I find the one person I didn't want to meet. Dad.

I was about to go back before he could notice me, but the world decided to work against me today, I guess.

"Hey Izuku, had another nightmare?"

"Yes, dad. I thought I was over them, but this was the 5th one this month. It was the same one I've seen for the past 6 years. You would think I would be able to get over it by now. Guess the world isn't working in my favor. I'll be going out for a run soon, wanna join?"

"As much as I would like to, I'll have to decline. I need to get to the Towers. Ever since Nighteye opened his agency, the paperwork just keeps piling up. I'll keep the breakfast ready before leaving for patrol. Anything you want to eat before you leave?"

"Nah, the usual will do. Though I could eat a few more eggs today. I'll be back before you leave. Bye, dad!"

"Bison!! Hahahaha"

"Very mature dad. Very mature." I say as I close the door behind me.

I put my mask and hoodie on and leave the compound. I usually run about 10 kilometers but today I feel like doing 15 km, I could go see mom and grandma. I haven't visited them since last Thursday.