Chapter 9 - Control your quirk

12th August 3106, Sunday.

Mom woke me up at 6 in the morning. Normally it wouldn't be a problem, but it was a Sunday. A SUNDAY. She told me something about going somewhere with someone. I don't know ok I am still asleep. I was sleepy while showering, I was sleepy while brushing, I was sleepy at breakfast and I was sleepy in the car.

I vaguely remember mom telling me something about the doctor before falling asleep once again. Like the first time, I fell asleep in a car I was woken up by the car stopping. I get up and look around. We were at the hospital again. For the 3rd time this week. I was hoping the gloves were done. I didn't want to go back to the hospital one more time I was done.

We entered the hospital. The receptionist saw us and told us to go to the doctor's cabin. We knock at the door and enter the doctor's room. The first thing I noticed was the box on the doctors' table. I instantly connect the dots and realize why we were here. I sure mom would have told me somewhere along the line, but I was sleepy so don't blame me.

Seeing the box brings a big smile to my face and all I can think about is looking cool in the gloves. It was weird to wear the hospital's quirk-canceling gloves to school.

[The gloves look like this, but are coloured as described below and credits to the artist obviously

[The gloves look like this, but are coloured as described below and credits to the artist obviously.]

Mom and the doctor were talking when the doctor turned to me and pushed the box towards me and told me to open the box on the table. I look and mom and uncle Toshi. Wait when did uncle Toshi come from, oh wait I remember seeing him in the car. Right. Anyway, I pick the box up and proceed to open it. I find a pair of gloves one hand green and black and the other red, white, and blue. The colors of All Might's costume. The gloves were so cool.

I immediately wear them and start moving my hands in them. The doctor told me that in case I wanted to wear the gloves even after I've learnt to control my quirk, the quirk inhibiter can be removed and the size of the glove can be increased to fit my hand.

We return the gloves the doctor gave us and took our leave soon after paying for the glove. I couldn't wait to show the gloves to Kaachan and the others. We return home and I and mom drops me off at Kaachan place to play.

13th August 3106, Monday.

I asked mom if she could drop me at school early so that I can surprise my friends with my gloves when they come. I wait for the others to show up. I must force myself to not wave to them. I stay put in my place. An hour later we have show and tell. I get excited for my turn, excited to show my new gloves to my class.

When the teacher calls out my name, I run right next to her and stand with my hands behind my back. When the teacher asked me to show everyone what I brought I put my hands up and show my gloves to the class.

"Everyone these are my new gloves. They help me control my quirk and the doctor told me that I won't need to change my gloves if I grow out of them, they will increase in size with my hands."

Everyone looked at the gloves in awe. Everyone knew that gloves or bracelets that grew with the user were expensive. Everyone wanted to ask me questions about the gloves everyone except Kaachan, Gomu, and Tsubasa. Once the class got over, Gomu and Tsubasa walked up to me and Kaachan.

We spoke about heroes and stuff. Though we knew those 2 came to us to tease me for having to be able to control my quirk and needing quirk dampening gloves. We didn't wait for them to start with their teases and just left knowing that they were just jealous of our strength.

We began to head outside the school where our moms were when Kaachan told me that we were going to start training ourselves to become stronger and show their strength to those two extras ( Gomu and Tsubasa).

We reach outside and run to our moms, well I did Kaachan just walked and stood next to his 'old hag' as he liked to call her sometimes. We climb the car and head home. we told mom about our day but left out the part with Gomu and Tsubasa and our promise because Kaachan believes that telling our parents would only cause us more problems as they wouldn't let us train much and will cause problems because they are old. I didn't want to keep any secrets and decided to tell mom when we reach home because I know they will help us.

Over the next few years, we would practice with our quirks and in general martial arts and fighting skills. Uncle Toshi would help us at times. At times instead of Uncle Toshi, Granpa Torino or Uncle Nighteye would monitor our fights and training and to prevent us from going over-board and over-exerting ourselves.

By the time I was 8, I had pretty good control of my quirk. Kaachan and I both had developed some moves with our quirks. They weren't our best, rather they helped us in hand-to-hand or ranged combat.

Kaachan found that he could fly for a certain distance using his quirk to propel him forward thus increasing his speed and agility while I found a way to coat my hands and legs with fire and incorporating them in my normal fighting style.

Uncle Toshi also suggested that we watch some animated shows and some older movies from all over the world to help us gain new techniques. This introduced us to shows like Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, Fairy Tail, Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, Superman, The Flash, Spiderman, and The Fantastic Four.

We would watch these shows and at times if we found some moves that we liked, we would either copy them or make a similar move for ourselves. We would also try to use bending techniques or try to harness ki or even magic just for fun, though it never worked OBVIOUSLY. All in all, we had fun together except when Granpa Torino was training us, it was everything but fun.

It was more like torture if you ask me. Like seriously we expected Uncle Nighteye to be serious and not fun but he was the complete opposite. Like he would train our mind and our body and always told us to smile when we fight. Though his punishment was torture, he would put us in these weird machines that tickled us. Tickled torture, like seriously who does that.

And then there was Uncle Toshi who was not a really great teacher but he taught us to have the right mindset and taught us strategy and built out battle mindset. He occasionally fought us in this slightly buff form he had created to limit his strength.

We were pretty strong by the time we were 9 but never used our quirks outside of practice. Something Gomu and Tsubasa did too much. Like seriously they could go to jail for that, how dumb had to be to do that.