Chapter 28 - Second First Date

Tuesday

<Izuku's POV>

I woke up surprisingly late after dad splashed some water on my face.

"Good morning son!" he exclaims as I wipe the cold water off my face.

"The morning would be good if I wasn't drenched in water." I told him, slightly annoyed.

"Well, I did try to wake you up normally, but you didn't budge, and I needed to leave in some time for UA." dad tells me.

"Why are you going to UA?" I asked him.

"Well, you are looking at the newest member of the faculty of UA. I'll be teaching Heroics to you guys. Though don't tell your friends yet. They'll get to know once the results are out anyway. Call them home on Friday, I'll make sure that all the letters come to our house." he told me.

"No way. You do realize what this means right? Our batch is going to be targeted by not just villains but also the press because you're teaching us.'' I told him.

"I know and that is why UA has appointed some more people in the staff this year. Some of them are a part of the faculty that teaches first years while others will be non-teaching staff." Dad told me.

"Someone me, Ocha and Kaachan know?" I asked him.

"Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to tell you that. Sorry, kiddo." Dad told before leaving. "Oh, and Ochako had tried to call you but you were asleep. Might wanna check on that," he said before he exited my room's door.

I got out of bed and picked my phone from the nightstand and called Ochako.

"Hey Ocha, you called?" I told her.

"Hey Izu, so when are we leaving for the fair?" she asks.

I check the time on my phone, "in say 2-2 and a half hours, I'll be there to pick you up. Then it will take about 45 minutes to reach the beach by bike. I'll be there in an hour babe, see you later. Bye." I tell her

"Bye Izu!!" she tells me from the other side before cutting the phone.

I got up to get ready and get something to eat. It was right now 1 in the afternoon. Yes, I slept for almost 12 hours. It was break week for us, Gunhead sensei and Granpa had told us to take 2 days of no workout and have fun. We were going to have practice sessions starting from tomorrow that slowly brought us back to our usual activity lever in the next few days before we began UA.

I had some food, took a shower, tried to set my hair, failed at it, wore some nice and comfortable clothes and sat on the dining table with my hero analysis notebook and started completing my notes on the nomus. Dad had given me permission to write it down some time ago and with all the training and studying for the entrance exams, I never got to it.

I completed my notes about an hour later, keeping the notebook back with the others and putting on a jacket. I told Monosuke and left the house with the keys to Crimson Thunder.

Time skip to after Izuku reaches Ochako's house.

I get off the bike once I reach Ochako's house and ring the bell to her house. I am greeted by Mrs. Uraraka who tells me that Ochako will be down soon. I wait for Ocha near the bike. A few minutes later, Ochako exits her house and comes and hugs me.

"Hey Deku, let's go. I can't wait, apparently, this fair is held once every 10 years or so. Which means that it's an amazing fair. Let's go, let's go." she yelled as she hopped onto the bike wearing the helmet I was holding out.

"Alright, alright. You might wanna hold on tight," I tell her before starting the bike before we leave the neighborhood.

We reached Dagobah beach and I parked the bike in the parking lot. Watching people enjoy at the beach we cleaned a few months ago, brought a smile to both our faces. We paid for our tickets and entered the fair.

"So Ocha, where do you wanna go first?" I asked her.

"Let's see, there are some games we can play, maybe go to the roller coaster and then we can have something to eat then play a little more before going on the Ferris wheel before we leave." she tells me.

"Sure, but let's have a small competition, at every stall we play at, both of us choose an object we like and the other one has to win the object for them. If someone fails to do so, then they have to carry the other person for the rest of the day. What say, are you up for it?" I asked her.

"Ohhh. You're on, Deku!" she responds.

<3rd person POV>

Half an hour later, Ochako was seen on top of Izuku's shoulder, carrying a chonky seal plushie that was 3 times her size. Thankfully, she used her quirk to remove the weight from the plushie and carried it around like a balloon using some rope she bought from a shop. Below her Izuku was carrying some 13 merch while eating cotton candy. You see technically Izuku won but let's say Ochako has some damn convincing puppy eyes.

They boarded the roller coaster soon after, leaving their winnings with the operator. Izuku was slightly nauseous after the ride but Ochako was just fine. The side effect of her quirk allowed her to enjoy the ride without worrying about getting nauseous. They got down from the ride, picked up their 'toys' thanking the operator in the process, and went around looking for more stuff to do.

About an hour later, both were having some Takoyaki before they left to get in line for the Ferris wheel. It was a long ass line and an even longer ride. The ride itself lasted 30 minutes which is all good, but it was damn boring for the people who were waiting. Thankfully for the 2 teens, there were about 15 minutes left on the ride and not many people in the line for the ride.

The 2 board the ride, the operator allowed couples to occupy one pod each instead of the 8 people in one pod rule per usual since there weren't that many people in line. Another 15 minutes pass as the 2 look out of the pod, viewing the city as the sunsets.

"You know, Deku, this looks so beautiful." Ochako says clearly talking about the sunset.

"Yes, you do." Izuku responds his view encompassing the sunset and his girlfriend. Ochako turns to him and the 2 start talking about the city beneath them, Ochako did most of the talking while Izuku was busy staring at her. Izuku found himself slowly approaching Ochako. Ochako was beginning to blush. 'I-is this.... Is this the part where.... We kiss?' She thought.

'I hope I'm doing this right,' Izuku thought. Ochako copied Izuku, as the 2 leaned in, their lips touching slowly before the kiss was deepened by Izuku. Ochako not knowing what to do let Izuku take control of their kiss.

The 2 separate after a few minutes, panting for air, blushing wildly. Ochako smiled.

"So how do we tell this to Bakugou?" Ochako asked.

"Well, we don't need to. He has been pushing me to ask you out for the past 3 years. So, if you're worried about him then don't, he wants us to be together. So did my mom." Izuku answered as his smile slightly faltered. "Well, I guess she will be Izu, she will be really proud. Of everything you've done till now."

"Thank you." Izuku thanked her. "For everything Ochako."

Soon the ride ended, as they exited the ride, picking up their winnings and leaving for home. Once Izuku reached the bike, he realized that there was no way they could carry the seal plushie and the rest of their winnings on the bike.

"Uhh Ochako, we might have a problem."

"What happened Izu?" she asks.

"We don't have enough space for the stuff we won."

"Shit"

"But don't worry, I'll just call Monosuke to come and pick them up." Izuku tells as he pulls his phone out of his pocket and texts Monosuke to come and pick the plushies up. Monosuke came after 20 minutes, picking up the plushies the 2 kids won and driving Ochako back to her home as Izuku drove to his home on his bike.