Chapter 62: One V One: Block A Round 1 Part 2

"Alright folks, with that rather boring match, for the third match of the prelims, we have from class B, the walking knife shop, Togaru Kamakiri, and from class A, the boy who even with just a tail has been able to keep up with the rest of the class, Mashirao Ojiro!!!!" Mic announces as Ojiro and Kamakiri walked onto the stage.

"So, Mr. Martial Artist, ever faced a blade?" Kamakiri asked Ojiro as they walked onto the stage.

"Yes, in fact, my teacher was a Hanshi 8-dan, so we did quite a lot of practice against swords." Ojiro told the boy.

"Well, then I guess this fight will be a bit interesting." Kamakiri told him. As the bell rang, Kamakiri charged at Ojiro, blades popping out of his elbows.

In the stands, Kendo and Tetsutetsu were talking to Izuku and Ochako, who were either waiting for their matches to begin or had already finished their match.

"So, Yagi, who do you think will win?" Kendo asked.

"It depends, since both of them are close-ranged fighters, it probably will boil down to who can take more its or in the case of Ojiro, more cuts before they give out. But if you asked me to bet my money on one of them, it'd be on Ojiro." Izuku told the girl.

"And you think that because?" Tetsutetsu asked.

"You'll see soon." Ochako answered as they focused on the fight.

Back in the fight, Ojiro dodged the blades by ducking under them and using his tail to trip Kamakiri. Kamakiri gets up and tries to slash at Ojiro with a vertical action, Ojiro blocks the attack with his tail and grabs Kamakiri.

"Bad move, dude." Kamakiri told the boy. "I can produce blades from anywhere." Ojiro looked at the boy in shock as a blade emerged from Kamakiri's chest, forcing Ojiro to jump away and make some distance between the two.

'This is going to be a pain; I can't get close to him and do damage like this.' Ojiro thought to himself as he kept dodging Kamakiri's attacks. 'I was saving this for the next fight but, this is a good chance as any.'

Flashback

"So, Mashirao, what did you wanted to talk about?" Ojiro's master asked him.

"Well, we have a sports festival coming up soon and the thing is I want to become stronger, I need to stand out in the festival so I can be scouted by heroes. And it's difficult to do it without a flashy quirk." Ojiro answered.

"Okay, that is understandable, but why do you want to get stronger, surely there must be a good reason?" The master asked.

"During the USJ ambush, everyone did something to help. Everyone except me, I just stood there because I wasn't strong enough to help them." Ojiro answered.

"There's the issue, you underestimate yourself, Mashirao. You think you're not strong enough because of self-doubt and that holds you back, it holds you back from achieving perfection in the techniques I have taught you."

Ojiro looked at the man in confusion. "All you need to do is believe in yourself and keep training as hard as you can. Because the one that believes in himself is one step closer to being successful in life. You'll understand this the day you stop caring about what others think and stop doubting yourself. Now back to the courtyard, we're going start with the basics today."

"Yes sir." Ojiro answered as he kept his bag in a corner and walked out to the courtyard to begin training.

"Yagi, if you're watching, be ready to be amazed." Ojiro shouted as he jumped away from Kamakiri.