Chapter 58 - The beginning of the sports festival

After breakfast.

"Well, this was fun, but I need to leave." Iida told Izuku.

"Hold on, just a minute, Iida." Izuku said, "GUYS!" Izuku shouted, to get the attention of all his friends. "Starting tomorrow, we, and by we, I mean you guys are going to train for the sports festival. And you will be trained by us, that's Todoroki, Explosion for brains, Ochako and Me, with Gunhead watching over us. and before you ask why, the answer is Principal Nezu. So, any other questions?"

"What are we going to do?" Hagakure asked.

"First, we'll do quirk analysis for everyone, including all of us, and then we'll be teaching you some of Gun head's techniques, Soru or Shave, you've seen this being used before, it allows the person to move from point A to point B so fast that it looks like they're teleporting. Geppo or Moonwalk, it allows the user to walk on air, sort of like flying but it puts a lot of strain on your legs." Izuku told them.

"After that we have Tenkai or Iron Body, the technique that prevents the opponent from inflicting damage on the user. Rankyaku or Tempest Kick, the ability to generate waves of air that can break down the concrete." Katsuki told them.

"Shigun or Finger Gunm the ability to send compressed bullets of air from your fingers, it is a short-ranged move that deals a lot of damage. And finally, Kami-e or Paper Art, the act of fluidly dodging attacks." Ochako added.

"We'll explain all of these in detail tomorrow but just know that not all of you will be able to use these techniques to an extent, perfection will take some time. We're supposed to be on a holiday from next week, so we'll be meeting at Gun head's Dojo. If you need the address, let either Yagi, Uraraka or Bakugou know." Shoto explained.

"Now, you can yeet. We have stuff to discuss." Katsuki shouted.

The next week was spent training the students of class A with the help of Gunhead and just like that, it was the day of the sports festival.

"ALL RIGHT FOLKS!!!!!!!! WELCOME TO THE U.A. SPORTS FESTIVAL!!!! THIS IS PRESENT MIC, WITH ME TODAY I HAVE THE UNDERGROUND HERO ERASURE HEAD!!!!!!!! ANS WE'LL BE BRINGING YOU THE FIRST YEAR SPORTS FESTIVAL LIVE FROM U.A.'S STADIUM ALPHA!!!!!!" Mic announced.

"Mic shut up, you're too loud." Aizawa said, trying to go back to sleep.

"LET'S MEET OUR CONTESTANTS FOR THIS YEAR. FIRST UP, WE HAVE THE CLASS THAT SURVIVED A MASSIVE VILLAIN ATTACK DURING THEIR TRAINING, CLASS 1-A!!!!! FOLLOWING THEM, WE HAVE THE CLASS THAT HAS GONE TOE TO TOE WITH CLASS 1-A DURING THE QUIRKLESS BATTLE ROYALE, WE HAVE THE STUDENTS OF CLASS 1-B!!!!!!! FOLLOWING 1-B, WE HAVE THE GENERAL COURSE STUDENTS OF CLASS 1-C AND 1-D, THE SUPPORT COURSE STUDENTS OF CLASS 1-E AND 1-F, AND FINALLY THE BUSINESS COURSE STUDENTS OF CLASS 1-G AND 1-H!!!!!" Mic announces. "THIS YEAR, THE REFREE IS NONE OTHER THAN, MIDNIGHT!!!!!!! AND HELPING MIDNIGHT, WE HAVE CEMENTOSS!!!"

"Hello, everyone, even the ones at home." Midnight said, crackling everyone.

"Is it okay for her to wear that on live TV?" Kaminari asked.

"Eh.... It's her hero costume, so I guess it's alright." Tokoyami told him.

"Now, I'd like to invite the first-year representative, the student that scored the highest in the entrance exams and worked with his classmates to hold off the villains till help arrived, Izuku Yagi!!!!" Midnight announced. "Will Izuku Yagi come up to the stage and give his year mates some words of encouragement?"

With no movement in the crowd that stood in front of her, Midnight looked slightly worried.

A few minutes ago.

"Hey, mom. Hey grandma." Izuku greeted. "Todays, the sports festival, thought I'd let you know. The class looks great, I'm pretty sure that most of them will make it to at least the second round. And Kaachan now has a girlfriend, almost. You know that Shiro girl I told you about, well, Kaachan made her pancakes yesterday and he flipped it. And he never cooks in that way. And it turns out that Shiro lost her mother in that attack." Izuku told them. "You know mom, I'm supposed to be the freshmen rep for the festival. You know I really wanted you to be there." Izuku said, tearing up a little. "I wanted to see you smile when I won the festival. I wanted for us to go celebrate after the festival. I miss you, mom. I really miss you." Izuku said, between sobs. "I should go now, wouldn't want to be late for the festival. I'll come back once I win, I'll get some ice cream as well."

Izuku walked back to the parking and started his bike, only for it to not start.

"Start, come on. I can't be late! Not today!" Izuku muttered as he tried to kick start the bike. "Alright. I'll have to violate some laws today." Izuku said, as he pulled out his phone and called up Monosuke. "Hey, could you send a mechanic to Paragon Hills, my bike is not starting." Izuku told him. "No, no need to send someone, I'll just run my way to School." Izuku explained. "I know it violates the laws, but I have to, I'm already late." Izuku said. "Yeah, I'll tell dad. Alright, bye." Izuku said, as he cut the call and slowly broke into a run, amping Enhance to increase his speed before he jumped up. Leaping across the buildings, going at 90%.

10 minutes into his 'journey', he could hear Mic announcing the entrance of his class and the rest of the first years. "Shit, I'm late." Izuku said as he leaped once more. He was one building away from the stadium and found Midnight announcing his name for the Freshmen representative speech. "FUUUUUCCCCKKK." Izuku cursed. "Looks like it's time for an epic entry." Izuku told himself, getting ready to land.

Back in the stadium, Midnight looked around for Izuku. "Does anyone know where Izuku is?" Midnight asked.

"I'm right here, Midnight!" Izuku said, descending from the air. "Sorry, I'm late." He shouted, landing right next to Midnight, making a huge dust cloud.

"You are late by 2 minutes, mister." Midnight scolded him.

"I know. My bike wouldn't start, wasted 5 minutes there and then another minute speaking to Monosuke and trying to explain it to him and them the next 5 to come here." Izuku explained all in one breath.

"Right, you're getting detention for public usage of your quirk without authorization then. Now, the speech." Midnight said, passing the mic to the boy.

"I know and thank you." Izuku said, grabbing the mic from her. "Alright, sorry for the delay folks. I won't take up any more time, but I will say this, we've come so far from little kids that wanted to be heroes. So today, don't fight for the present you, fight for that little kid version of you that wanted to be a hero, show that kid how far you've come. Today, you don't fight for your parents, you don't fight for your mother or your father or your sister, you fight for yourself. So, keep that in mind and do your best. Plus Ultra people." Izuku said, not waiting for the others to respond and handed the mic to Midnight and standing next to Ochako and Katsuki.

"Nice speech nerd, bet I could have done better." Katsuki whispered.

"And say what, 'I'm gonna win this'?" Izuku retorted.

"Alright, folk, the first event for this year is.........." Midnight said, as a digital wheel started to rotate.