Chapter 7 - Blaze

<Inko Midoriya's POV>

"Mrs. Midoriya, well Izuku's quirk, or I should say quirks, is interesting, to say the least. If you don't mind me asking what was your husband's quirk? I already know about your quirk since Yagi here already told me about it." Recovery girl asks me. "He never told me about it, I'm guessing it never came up in conversation?"

"My husband's quirk allowed him to breathe fire out of his mouth," I reply. "It never came up in conversation because Hisashi passed away about three years ago in a plane crash. Izuku was too young to remember him so I don't really keep many photos of him around aside from the ones in my bedroom."

I must have not noticed that I was crying because Toshi was holding up his handkerchief by the time I was done explaining. "I'm really sorry for bringing up the topic." RG told me.

"N-No issues. Hisashi still lives on in my memories and through Izuku." I told her, wiping my tears with Toshi's handkerchief.

"If that is the case then, I believe that Izuku will be a literal memory of your husband, Izuku has a fire manipulation quirk but from what Ragdoll could see. He will be able to manipulate the fire he breathes through his mouth. To rank the quirk, I'd put it around a mid to high B tier quirk." Recovery Girl explained. "And Toshi, does she know about..."

"One for All?" I asked her. "Toshi told me about the history of the quirk and a-about Mother."

"I see." Recovery Girl responded. "Okay, then. YAGI WHAT THE HELL HOW COULD YOU GIVE IT TO SUCH A YOUNG BOY, HE MIGHT DIE IF HE TRIES TO USE IT." Recovery girl shouted as she hit the man with her walking stick.

"Chiyo, I haven't given it to him, yet. I do plan to give it to him in the future but I haven't done that yet. Toshi replies answering RG's question.

"You better train him well. You know what would happen if you were to pass it down to the boy, he'd die." RG told him.

"I know, and I have decided to train him, properly." Toshi told him.

"If Toshi hasn't given the quirk to Izuku yet, then how does he have it?" Inko asked them.

"My only theory is that it comes from Nana." RG told him. "She must have passed down a latent gene for OFA to you when you were born and that latent gene was also passed on to Izuku at birth. But just like OFA isn't a regular quirk, I'm assuming the quirk Izuku will get once it will activate will be similarly irregular. This also means that it might not activate like other quirks, meaning that it might need a trigger, but these triggers can be any sort of emotional trigger, major or minor."

"Well, I think we should let Izuku know then." I answered. "But maybe just the fire manipulation quirk."

Aizawa returned with Izuku, which was about 20 minutes after he left. Izuku was literally freaking out I mean who wouldn't he has met most of the teaching and non-teaching staff of UA a lot of whom are pro heroes.

Once he finally calms down, we explained his quirk to him and asked him what he wanted to name his quirk. I could hear the gears turning in his head as he thinks, "Well, fire quirk, maybe something like flare....... No that's too simple..... uhhhhhh... flames.......... Nope, too basic.... Blaze. That's it Blaze is what I'm going to call my quirk."

"Ok, Blaze it is!" Recovery Girl answered as she noted it down and registered the quirk in the registry.

"Now Izuku, Blaze might manifest in about 2 weeks since your medical records say you were about 2 weeks premature. Anyway, all the best for your future and I hope to see you at UA." Recovery girl tells them while writing this down on a note pad as we get up to leave.

"Thank you for your time Recovery Girl. Bye" I speak up.

The three of us left the premises of UA for the central park, though Izuku doesn't know this it was a sort of surprise to him since we only told him we were going to the park. It was a long drive to the park but it was all worth it. Once we reached the park, Izuku had literal stars in his eyes and he just runs as if he were the flash right into the slides. 

We spent about an hour or two at the park and then we went back home. Izuku just slept off by the time we sat in the car. Oh, and since Toshi was asleep the whole time we were at the park, Izuku decided to draw on his face with a marker I may or may not have given him but I wasn't looking so I don't know.

Anyway, Toshi dropped us at the station after he got a call from work. He gave me some money and apologized for leaving so early. I told him not to worry since he had already spent a lot of time with the 2 of us and also advised him to wash his face before he went to work. He was confused but I didn't ask any questions.

We caught the next train to home and bid Toshi farewell.

<Toshi's POV>

After I bid my sister and nephew farewell, I ran into an alley and slowly start increasing my muscle mass to transform into All Might while jumping into the air. I remember Inko telling me to wash my face which I forgot and now I couldn't do anything about it so I let it be and landed near might towers. I noticed some of the interns trying not to laugh but paid no attention to it. I enter the lift where I meet Nighteye who just holds a handheld mirror to my face with a wide grin on his face.

I quickly realize why Inko told me to wash my face. My little nephew had drawn on my face with a permanent marker and transforming into All Might only made the lines he made more prominent.

I silently decided that I will get back at him with my own little prank as I walk to the restroom to wash my face. My mind kept going back to the fact that Izuku had a fraction of One for All, but it never made a lot of sense to me. I had never heard of OFA being passed on to 2 people at the same time, then again I didn't know much about OFA aside from what master had told me.

I reach the meeting room along with night eye and we are greeted by Gran Torino, Naomasa, Endeavor, Best Jeanist, and a few other high ranking and experienced pro heroes with Gran torino looking at me and told me about his recent case where he fought against a mindless creature with multiple quirks alongside Endeavor.

He called this creature a Nomu based on what he heard the 'leader' of the group call the creature. I knew only one villain who could be involved with this and tell the other, "He has made a move."

Some of the newer pros were confused while others like Endeavor and Best Jeanist knew who I was referring to since we were in the same class the year he killed Paragon. Endeavor and Best Jeanist fill the other in about him with me and Gran Torino bridging the gaps the best we can so as to not reveal the secret of One For All. Something felt off about the whole incident since he hadn't taken action for almost 5 years, why make a move now. It didn't feel right but I didn't question it and we started to discuss our next move.