Chapter 74 - Mission to Hosu

Shoto and Izuku panted as they stood in front of each other. The room around them scorched and dented from their fight.

"Alright kids, that was a good match." Vulkan says. "Get changed, Endeavour has asked me to get you to ready for your first mission."

"We're going on a mission!" Izuku says, punching the air before groaning in pain.

"Deserved." Shoto says as he laughs at Izuku's pain before grabbing his sides in pain as well.

"Fuck off!" Izuku says as the two of them head to their respective rooms to change.

Izuku stood in the shower, going over the events of the past week during their internship. He went from being in complete control of Enhance, being able to use all 100% of it to maxing out at 25% of One for All. Then there was also his improved Blaze that he still wasn't used to yet. Endeavour had been asking Izuku and Shoto to train together almost everyday, wanting to improve both their fires.

Their assessment scores were rather close with Todoroki beating Izuku in fields such as physical defence, and combat stamina while losing to Izuku in endurance, base attack strength, flexibility and quirk control. Though the difference was only about a point or two, meaning that they were both rather close to each other in terms of physical conditioning.

Izuku speculated that Ochako and Katsuki also had similar assessments as them with Katsuki probably beating all of them in quirk control and Ochako acing the flexibility assessments.

For their training spars, Shoto was banned from using his ice while Izuku had the permission to go as far as he could with his quirk and push his limits with both his quirks. The matches would stop when Shoto instinctively used his ice or when Izuku dropped to his knees out of exhaustion.

During the evenings, both kids would practice their quirk in solitude while being overlooked by one of Endeavour's side kicks. After that, Izuku would fight Vulcan who'd give him pointers on how to use his fire for better effect during a close quarters' situation while Shoto would train his flame manipulation with Flail.

The two boys returned about 30 minutes later, having changed into a set of formal clothes that were placed in their rooms.

"Why were we given suits?" Izuku asks Shoto.

"No idea. But you did wear your hero suit underneath, right?" Shoto asks.

"Most of it. Whatever I could fit in underneath that is." Izuku says. "I left the cape, the headgear and the gauntlets among other things."

"You should ditch them completely. The cape seems extra. Plus, you can make the gauntlets smaller, can't you?" Shoto asks.

"The cape is... It's a family heirloom of sorts. But I can see what to do about the gauntlets. Maybe Hatsume can help with them." Izuku thinks out loud.

"Alright boys, we're heading out." Endeavour says.

"What's the mission?" Izuku asks.

"It's an escort mission but the client has asked us to remain undercover." Endeavour answers.

"Escorting mission? Boring!" Izuku whines.

"The Endeavour agency doesn't only take on missions to fight villains, we do rescue and evacuation. Occasionally we also get missions where we have to escort ministers, actors and other powerful people if they request." Burnin explains.

"What's the plan?" Izuku asks.

"Nothing, Sir stays next to the VIP, I'll be staying with him and the VIP while you and Shoto stay with Vulcan and Flail respectively, you'll be placed in cars next to the main car and will be following us. The rest will be following us on their vehicles while wearing their casuals." Burnin explains.