BONUS: CHILD LIFE Pt 1

"So, what now?"
A young Y/n asked a young Lloyd as they ran away from the orphanage that the girl used to live in. She was out of breath but kept running to keep up with Lloyd who held her hand, and seemed to be completely fine with the exercise that they were getting.

"Uh, I dunno, but I do know that neither of us are gonna be going to those stupid orphanages again."
Lloyd cackled, on the outside he seemed to be carefree, but on the inside he was...actually freaking out.

They were two 9 year olds.

Two 9 years who were running away from their schools, and their only homes.

They were kids, on their own.

What were they going to do now.

Y/n let out a long groan and shook Lloyd's grip of her hand, falling to the floor on her back and breathing heavily.
"Sure...that's all well and good..."
She spoke between deep breaths and took a few moments to get herself together before sitting up and looking at the blond boy who sat in front of her.
"But we're literally two kids who just ran away from our schools. We're kids without jobs on our own"

Lloyd's eyes widened.
"You know...that's...exactly what I've just been thinking about!"
He stammered over his next few sentences, and scratched the back of his  neck awkwardly as he realised the sort of predicament that he had managed to get them both in.

Y/n sniggered, before bursting into laughter, causing Lloyd to look at her with a strange expression on his face.
"Dummy. I figured. So I took all my savings from Brightly's since I had nothing I really wanted to spend it on, and bought them with me"
She shook her backpack which jingled with the noise of a lot of coins. A lot of a lot.

Lloyd punched the air excitedly, pulling Y/n to her feet and spinning her around.
"Yeah! We won't starve easily!"

Y/n laughed some more  holding onto his hands as they span around together. Once they stopped she took two snack bars out her bag and handed one to him.
"I also bought sna-hey, I know it's healthy but we need our energy, don't sulk or I won't let you get any candy"
She scolded him, hitting his head lightly with the snack bar until he complained for her to stop and took it from her reluctantly.

"You really came prepared."
Lloyd muttered with a full mouth as he watched Y/n take a pastel pink water bottle from her bag.
"How much can you fit in that tiny bag?"

Y/n shrugged, sipping from her bottle as she looked up in thought.
"Enough to keep us alive."
She gave him a silly grin and handed him her bottle, which he took with a small thanks.

"Hey Lloyd."
The blond boy looked over to the girl with a blank expression, the straw of the bottle in his mouth. Y/n gave him an impish grin as she pointed to her water bottle.
"Indirect kiss."

A few seconds passed until the words registered in Lloyd's brain, and he spluttered on the water he was drinking, a bright red blush growing across his face as he thrust the bottle back into Y/n's hands. She was laughing loudly, arms around her stomach as she watched Lloyd stammer over his words for the next five minutes.

"Then why did you hand me it!"
He yelled, pulling his hood over his face to try and hide himself from her.

Y/n shrugged, sipping from the bottle once more and giving him another grin, which only caused his blush to deepen.
"I thought you would have said something, but you didn't. You aren't scared of getting cooties are you?"

Lloyd turned away from her,
"I didn't...I don't...believe in that stuff..."
He paused slightly and shook his head.
"I MEAN! I know girls have cooties! Just...I don't think you do..."

Y/n narrowed her eyes at him,
"hmmm, okay then!"

She skipped ahead of him, continuing on their path to get to the nearest village. Lloyd trailed behind her feebly, looking up at her every so often before letting out a sigh and letting his hood fall.

"Hey! What happened to you being tired!"
He chased after her, a smile back on his face as he linked their hands together. This time, walking by her side.